IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank

Sheriff Joe Arpaio rolled out the tanks to take down a man suspected of cockfighting.

West Valley residents in the neighborhood are crying foul after armored vehicles, including a tank, rolled into their neighborhood to make the bust.

Neighbor Debra Ross was so worried she called 911 and went outside where a nearby home had its windows blown out, was crawling with dozens of SWAT members in full gear, armored vehicles and a bomb robot.

“When the tank came in and pushed the wall over and you see what's in there, and all it is, is a bunch of chickens,” Ross said.

In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting.

Llovera was alone in the house at the time of the arrest, and he was unarmed.

[...]

Campus said he believes the entire scene was basically a stage, to help actor Steven Seagal’s TV show, “Lawman.”

Seagal was riding in the tank.

The Sheriff’s Department has entered into a contract with Seagal and part of that contract gives Seagal carte blanche to go along with the sheriff as he arrests people.

Thousands of dollars in damages were made to the property and 115 birds were euthanized on the spot.

Llovera was convicted of a misdemeanor last year of attending a cockfight and has no history of owning weapons.

http://www.kpho.com/...72012/detail.html

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Euthanized? Sounds wrong-ish
--

Drew
New What's the difference?
One is a lousy actor playing a tough guy character without much attempt at realism.

The other is in the film industry.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New Cockfighting sucks almost as badly as
Bullfighting. They are both about anthropomorphizing human-male bestiality into some tortured-concept of 'art'/skill/combat: for same psych. rationale as violent video and movie games.
Vicarious.. is soo much easier than actually experiencing inflicted-Hurt.. for your basic-coward.

The owner, apparently of Mexican dissent, grew up (one might presume) within Mexico or surely, within that culture.
He was practising Their form of cruelty-for-fun, as we do with boxing, football-tackles, hunting for trophy-heads (and less obviously: the bullying of younger kids, etc.)
Should that cultural background cut him any slack?

We have our own execrable habits, evident in the still widespread neglect, even of torture (via some small unknown percentage of perps in Murica) of domestic animals
-- thousands of cats/dogs annually etc. Let him who is without s(p)in try the motherfucker. (I'd never make that jury after voir dire.)

Steven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank - (lincoln) - (3)
         Euthanized? Sounds wrong-ish -NT - (drook)
         What's the difference? - (mhuber)
         Cockfighting sucks almost as badly as - (Ashton)

The parity bit is a bit that detects an error in itself 1/9th of the time.
180 ms