IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's a Safari extension called GToolbar
Haven't tried it myself though as I don't use Google Bookmarks.

http://www.bbshare.c...olbar-for-safari/

Here's another one that just added Bookmark support

http://www.personalw...r/extensions.html
New Thanks, first one working fine
Although it's ad supported and non-configurable. It has a relatively unobtrusive text link within the toolbar, and the set of buttons can't be modified, so there's a huge list.

But I realized I should really be using Firefox anyway. Reduce the toolset differences from one system to another.

And by the way, this freaking no-button, no-scrollwheel mouse is about to go. Gah, it's frustrating.
--

Drew
New I hear ya
I use an Expert Mouse with 4 buttons & scroll ring

http://us.kensington.com/html/2200.html
New I've got a Logitech TrackMan something. Works fine.
New Re: I've got a Logitech TrackMan something. Works fine.
I have the same one love it
and I have the apple trackpad
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Great minds.. mice suck. But..
Logitech's Apple control-freak program proved as useless as most of their Beastware offerings.
Managed via Apple's limited control choices ... turned out that the middle-click [the scroll wheel] ended up where I wanted it anyway:
widget display toggle, incl. the indispensable iStat == You Need This, drook!
(along with smcFanControl, though maybe not so much as does the iMac, which needs extra cooling when ambient is Hot.)

Happy Ring-0-safe prestidigitating!
New Actually, it's a mouse.
I use a Trackman at work on a PC. On my MacMini I've got a black Logitech M-U0007 aka M500 - http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/428/5743

I just noticed there are Mac drivers for it - I've never needed them. I would like to enable "scroll-by-a-page-at-a-time" which isn't there by default, but everything else is. I'll try the drivers...

FWIW. :-)

[edit:] Still no s-b-a-p-a-a-t. :-(

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Feb. 8, 2011, 09:36:20 AM EST
New I like my magic trackpad
No parts to wear out at all. I have bad luck with scroll wheels.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It's all about the Magic Mouse
No physical buttons, but it functions as a two-button mouse perfectly. No scroll wheels to get gummed up. Tis le great.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: It's all about the Magic Mouse
got one with my Imac don't like it
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Need the scroll wheel
That's the biggest thing driving me nuts right now.
--

Drew
New It *IS* a scroll wheel.
Run your finger along the surface as if there were a scroll wheel, and it works as a scroll-wheel mouse. Just without the physical scroll wheel to get all gummy.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Huh, didn't know that
Just watched the video on Apple's site. That's cool. But $69? Good grief. Nothing in my current workflow would benefit that much from it.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Feb. 8, 2011, 12:41:35 AM EST
New You've obviously not...
drank the Kool-Aid... and Mac Head would gladly give over the $69 for the mouse, rather than Eat or have some other critical core need.

And No, we have a Logitech wireless mouse for the iMac. Its perfect, don't need any drivers for it and all the buttons just work the way you want... and its pretty light on batteries.
New model?
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Its wore off the Mouse...
Don;t have the packing nor the recipt...

Dunno. Its about 2 years old.
New Pictures?
http://www.google.co...&biw=1204&bih=952

I assume it's in there somewhere. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep... LX710
its fully working.

http://www.wirelessk...ogitech-lx710.php

Its nearly perfect.

Logitech did a lot of keyboard combos with it.
Expand Edited by folkert Feb. 8, 2011, 08:14:29 PM EST
New Gather you Mean: 'mouse'
(Have already heard what we Trackball acolytes have to say on the matter..)

Anyway, my Trackman, which refuses to STATE a 'Model #', says on label:
P/N804359-0000

-- is wireless w. similar lengthy batt. life (on NiMH too, whose capacity exceeds Primary cells; works n months even given the lower voltage at full charge, VS throw-aways.)

Trying wireless mouse with friend's new 21.5" iMac ... found it as uncopacetic as most, despite the clever 'gestures' activation.
T-ball was my first addition to my 20", in minute-5 of the discovery experience. After trying the Logitech Control Center and discovering it remains inept, was able to find appropriate Apple Setup options, including the scroll-wheel-cum-middle-click: as Widget toggle. Perfect for moi, as that is where iStat resides.

The friction-level of a clean ball is so slick, I can't think how this device could be improved ... except for those who simply do not like using the thumb (with it's built-in fine-accuracy of motion.)

fwiw/ymmv/pdq
New Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel T-RA18. P/N 804359-0000
     Just ordered a beret - (drook) - (23)
         Welcome aboard! -NT - (Another Scott)
         It's here ... that was quick - (drook) - (21)
             First post from the beret - (drook) - (20)
                 There's a Safari extension called GToolbar - (SpiceWare) - (19)
                     Thanks, first one working fine - (drook) - (18)
                         I hear ya - (SpiceWare)
                         I've got a Logitech TrackMan something. Works fine. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Re: I've got a Logitech TrackMan something. Works fine. - (Bman)
                             Great minds.. mice suck. But.. - (Ashton)
                             Actually, it's a mouse. - (Another Scott)
                         I like my magic trackpad - (malraux)
                         It's all about the Magic Mouse - (mvitale) - (11)
                             Re: It's all about the Magic Mouse - (Bman)
                             Need the scroll wheel - (drook) - (9)
                                 It *IS* a scroll wheel. - (mvitale) - (6)
                                     Huh, didn't know that - (drook) - (5)
                                         You've obviously not... - (folkert) - (4)
                                             model? -NT - (beepster) - (3)
                                                 Its wore off the Mouse... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                     Pictures? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Yep... LX710 - (folkert)
                                 Gather you Mean: 'mouse' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel T-RA18. P/N 804359-0000 -NT - (folkert)

Not CRRRRRRAP!
122 ms