IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New These constitute "emergencies" in Texas
at least, according to "Gov. Goodhair":

Gov. Rick Perry has fast-tracked legislation that requires physicians to show women a sonogram before they have an abortion.

Perry this weekend added the issue to his list of emergency items, giving lawmakers the ability to consider such bills in the first 30 days of the session.

[...]

The list of emergency item this session has now grown to five. Other emergency items that Perry has set include establishing tougher eminent domain laws, abolishing sanctuary cities for undocumented immigrants, requiring voters to present a photo identification at the polls and calling for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would require the federal government to have a balanced budget.

The state faces a budget shortfall of between $15 and $27 billion. Critics have questioned the governor's selection of such emergency items at a time when public education, higher education and health care are facing deep cuts.

http://elpasotimes.t...ity-in-texas.html

Way to pander to the base ...

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Those are emergencies
The seams on the teabag are fragile.

They are probably at the high point of their power, and high points never last.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
     These constitute "emergencies" in Texas - (lincoln) - (1)
         Those are emergencies - (mhuber)

Well, all right then.
28 ms