IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nope, got it.
This is Really Old News. Been around since (IIRC) NT 3.1.

Same kernel, different tweaks. Basically, most of the software is there, and the NT kernel checks the registry on boot to see which way to set itself up. A lot of the "performance enhancments" that they're talking about with .NET server is the fact that it starts with the shell UI cruft OFF, instead of ON by default. :)

Oh, and XP doesn't have the RELEASE version of .NET server - that would kind of defeat the point, no? :) I'm not surprised that .NET Server has a complete build of XP in it, though. Microsoft has never really tried to change their code behaviors to match other people's wants - just hidden it a little better.

I agree with the whole "licensing" bullshit - and I'd feel more hostile towards M$, if everybody else didn't do it either. (Except for Linux)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Ah, OK. But that wasn't what you said.
Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying, but that was kind'a hard to avoid here: What I said, and you are now agreeing to, that "Windows XP basically is Windows .NET Server, and vice versa" -- that's just not quite the same as "Windows XP has parts of Windows .NET Server, and vice versa".

Pedantically yours,
   Christian R. Conrad :-)
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
     People state the obvious. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
         Yes, they do -NT - (drewk)
         You missed (at least part of) the point: - (CRConrad) - (2)
             Nope, got it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Ah, OK. But that wasn't what you said. - (CRConrad)

You are so wrong philosophers weep at the sound of your voice.
32 ms