IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, it's not
Have you verified what you're references SHOULD be saying about you? Did you prep them to handle the types of trick questions some hiring managers throw out? Double check with these people to be sure whatever they say can only be complimentary about you and your work ethic.

After all that, then someone at your ex-employer MAY be saying things that you hope they wouldn't. Best way to find out is to hire a reference checking service, have them contact your ex-employer, saying that they're looking at you as a potential employee and want to verify background, etc. Let them try to pull answers to questions that your former employer should be smart enough to avoid. Make sure they get a transcript or a recording of the call for confirmation, and then contact the legal profession to get someone on your side. There's gotta be someone hungry enough in town to go to bat for you.
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New How do I find these places?
I want someone to do a background check with my sources to see what they are saying, but I have been looking and haven't found any. Do I contact the ACLU or some other group and have them do it for me? I usually pass the reference check, but as soon as they get to checking with employers, I never hear back from them. Or sometimes I get a sh*tty answer that "While your experience and background looks impressive, we have found people more experienced and qualified than you." type of answer. What does it mean? Does it mean they don't think I am as experienced as the others based on my resume? Are they getting those VB developers with 20 years experience in VB that are lying about it? I have maybe 10 years, when it came out for MS-DOS before the Windows version got big. Not that years account for anything unless you use certain features of it everyday and get around all the bugs and gotchas.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Job searching is tax deductable - (orion) - (8)
         Other costs? ATTN: Karsten! - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             I'll write him a receipt :-) -NT - (Meerkat) - (2)
                 An official "Sorry, you didn't get the job" letter, perhaps? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     I'll use a letterhead with Koalas Kangaroos and Emus on it - (Meerkat)
         Other things like - (lincoln) - (3)
             Not too good - (orion) - (2)
                 No, it's not - (lincoln) - (1)
                     How do I find these places? - (orion)

I am the Walrus.
59 ms