IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here is the Movie Maker you're describing...
http://www.microsoft...fc&DisplayLang=en

It says it's the vista version, but that's just MS-speak for "we still think our users can't tell the OS from the app"...it works on 7 just fine.

The "Live Essentials" video editor may be OK for what it sets out to be, I guess, but it's not Movie Maker as it has been for 10 years or so. It's almost like a Microsoft product came out that wasn't backward-compatible...oh wait. It would be pretty neat-o if anywhere on the live pages they mentioned "Oh, that thing that we distributed for ten years that you may want? Here's the link!"

"Sucking my balls" was the least of what i wished upon Microsoft's "program managers" when I found out that I couldn't work on my years of accumulated movie maker projects.

Good luck!
New He found a decent NLVE for Linux...
http://www.openshot.org

It seems to work for me and a few others... and he already tried it and said it worked for him.

And yes, I hate Microsoft anything anymore.
New I think I already installed that
I don't remember the product number that was on it, but I did find the installable version (ie: not the "Live" version) and it looked like what I was used to. But the file format support was woefully lacking. Didn't matter that you had the codecs installed, it wouldn't use them.

Now with NLVE, I know I've got a tool that will handle the files I want to work with, I just need some better hardware to do real-time HD editing.
--

Drew
New You might want to keep an eye on iMovie.
(I realize you have a solution that seems to work. Just in case you get the itch to buy new hardware...)

Although it doesn't do native AVCHD editing, that might be a good thing....

http://www.macworld.....html?expand=true

(Check the comments, too.)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Can I take this opportunity to point out ... - (drook) - (46)
         Well, Linux developers develop for . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             yeah, we have a pool to see when 3par suckage starts :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Well here is my attempt to SOAPBOX. - (folkert) - (39)
             Gah. - (malraux) - (10)
                 Let me tell you about my $4000 486... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     Mine was $2184... - (folkert) - (6)
                         486/66 EISA/SCSI. 6 months later it was $1000 less... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             1992 - (malraux) - (1)
                                 Ah, the good old days! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         I remember the first time I saw 500M hard drive - (drook)
                         Hey, I can play this game - (jake123) - (1)
                             I could too, though I'm not sure I really want to. - (static)
                     /hand waves and my $700 esdi drives! -NT - (boxley)
                     Mine was $5K - (crazy)
             Would a Mac desktop be cheaper? - (drook) - (27)
                 On Mac Hardware... - (folkert)
                 Depends on what you want to do. - (Another Scott) - (25)
                     And AVCHD is what I'm looking for - (drook) - (24)
                         Well then... - (folkert)
                         Apple claims FCE4 will do it on an Intel Mac. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                             Yeah, I'll be looking - (drook)
                             probably can however - (boxley) - (20)
                                 I should find a Video Toaster and a Betacam -NT - (drook) - (19)
                                     Or - (crazy) - (18)
                                         Heh, yeah I know - (drook) - (17)
                                             Have you been taking misdirection lessons - (crazy) - (16)
                                                 Somebody's been taking grumpy pills - (drook) - (15)
                                                     grumpy pills? - (crazy) - (14)
                                                         You're more self-aware than the people I'm talking about - (drook) - (13)
                                                             No-one is more certain than . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                             Have you stopped to consider... - (mvitale) - (1)
                                                                 No, that had never occurred to me -NT - (drook)
                                                             On the MS side - (crazy) - (9)
                                                                 "Pick your poison" - (drook) - (8)
                                                                     Got it - (crazy) - (7)
                                                                         Where did you offer any solutions? - (drook) - (6)
                                                                             Maybe you simply posted in the wrong forum. :-) - (static)
                                                                             What about this? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 He has looked at it and tried to use it. - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                     On deficiencies - (drook)
                                                                             Or you could have found a bunch of other people - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                 Working on that - (drook)
         Here is the Movie Maker you're describing... - (rickw) - (3)
             He found a decent NLVE for Linux... - (folkert)
             I think I already installed that - (drook) - (1)
                 You might want to keep an eye on iMovie. - (Another Scott)

It was the internet of the day. It was delivered by Fiber Coptics.
64 ms