IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Procedure is tomorrow...
I managed to get through Prep Day fairly well, not as bad as I had thought, but there were some real surprises, like feeling chilled from the inside out. Ah well.

Tomorrow I have the colonoscopy at 11:30 a.m., and I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted as to what we find out...

Praying like crazy it's nothing serious.

Thanks all,

Nightowl >8#

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New During the waking up and telling about things...
She'll be farting up a storm... and HOW...

Remember Brenda, they filled you bowels with air. Its gotta come out.
New Thanks you guys. :)
Finally sitting up and typing. ;)

Had the colonoscopy procedure this morning, was really out of it even before
that because I had taken the Xanax at 1:20 a.m. John somehow got me up and got
me there though. ;)

They told me I might have remembering problems today, but they were wrong, because I remember all of it, before and after. Just not the procedure itself, of course. So I guess that effect didn't happen for me. Instead I just had cloudy thinking like my brain was in a fog.

Anyway, the results...

No cancer, which is the best part.:)

Removed one polyp from inside the colon, no cancer there either.

And they are doing a biopsy of some tissue because I had inflammation of the
Ileum, (which is a part of the small intestine), to check for IBD.

They said this procedure is stressful for ordinary people, but for me, with my
anxiety conditions and other things, Wendy the nurse, said it was double or triple that amount of stress for me. They told me to go home and not do anything exertive
for 2-3 days or so.

I can do that, I have lots of video to catch up on.

And typing isn't exertive. ;)

Thanks for all your support,

Brenda

P.S. Actually, I had less gas pain than muscle spasm pains from stress, but the release of air didn't happen till I was out of the surgery center and in an appropriate bathroom. ;)

Thanks for the laugh Folkert, I needed that. :)
just as an FYI - watch what you eat for the next dew days. When I had mine years ago I ate a big meal (forget of what) the night of the procedure and it went right through me. Doc said it was residual effects from the anesthesia.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Thanks, Lincoln :)
Lincoln wrote:>>just as an FYI - watch what you eat for the next dew days. When I had mine years ago I ate a big meal (forget of what) the night of the procedure and it went right through me. Doc said it was residual effects from the anesthesia.<<

I haven't been able to eat really well since the procedure until today,I was nauseated, but I had an even weirder effect from the anesthesia.

It made me wired for hours last night...Supposedly it's because I was having withdrawal from it or something, and since they gave me three different drugs, (one was Fentanyl, one was some sort of painkiller (I had a migraine), and the other I'm not sure, I plan to ask them). I think the combination of those and my own Xanax made me more hyper than if I'd had drank a case of Pepsi!

Today of course, I crashed hard, but at least I wasn't bouncing off the walls anymore! Now hopefully things will balance out a little, maybe?

Brenda
             During the waking up and telling about things... - (folkert) - (3)
                 Thanks you guys. :) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     that's great news - (lincoln) - (1)
                         Thanks, Lincoln :) - (Nightowl)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
45 ms