IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, Olbermann equated it to Rodney King tonight...
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Re: Yep, Olbermann equated it to Rodney King tonight...
Was Rodney King going to a politician's rally? Were the police officers supporters of said politician?

Even Olbermann gets it wrong now and then.

HOWEVER ...

Rand Paul's response to this act was beyond smug-ass lame. Why didn't he say that he condemned this violent act? How about pointing out that this kind of behavior has no place in any campaign on either side? Maybe just a smidge of concern for the health and well-being of the victim of the violence?

Nope. Because, obviously, that didn't occur to Rand Paul. Evidently, the supporter's behavior wasn't condemnation-worthy.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New He did.
“The Rand Paul for Senate campaign is extremely disappointed in, and condemns the actions of a supporter last night outside the KET debate. Whatever the perceived provocation, any level of aggression or violence is deplorable, and will not be tolerated by our campaign. The Paul campaign has disassociated itself from the volunteer who took part in this incident, and once again urges all activists — on both sides — to remember that their political passions should never manifest themselves in physical altercations of any kind.”
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New No He Didn't
not according to this video made this morning: http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=f0DiU25snWA

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Quote from his web site.
so, yes...he did.
New Has he done it anywhere IN PUBLIC yet?
Not that I can find using Google. If he did, those "evul Librul MSM" web sites would announce it and say "Bout time". Guess what? They haven't, cause he hasn't.

HOWEVER, the moron who did the head stomping is demanding an apology from the woman whose head he stomped: http://www.huffingto...itt_n_774614.html

-- E.L. Doctorow
New try his website...its pretty public...and on google too.
http://www.randpaul2010.com/
New Public = television interview, radio interview
newspaper interview, on the 6 o'clock news, etc. Since, so far, the only place that I can find his "apology" is on his website, it goed directly to the (lack of) character of the man.

Question: Why didn't he say this when he did the interview, on his local Fox News no less, the morning after? Did he need his PR manager to smack him upside the head to give him a clue?

-- E.L. Doctorow
New So the internet isn't public?
That's a pretty big stretch now...

Only tv counts?
New only npr counts
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New we'll see to that!
(hard to type that with a straight face)...
New Who goes to his website
other than his supporters?

When he had the chance, during a television interview, why didn't he condemn the violent act? Why did he only offer it on his website? And why is he now avoiding any further discussion on the topic?

-- E.L. Doctorow
New because he is a democant at heart?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Oh please!

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Republicans are such nice people - (lincoln) - (16)
         Yep, Olbermann equated it to Rodney King tonight... -NT - (beepster) - (13)
             Re: Yep, Olbermann equated it to Rodney King tonight... - (lincoln) - (12)
                 He did. - (beepster) - (11)
                     No He Didn't - (lincoln) - (10)
                         Quote from his web site. - (beepster) - (9)
                             Has he done it anywhere IN PUBLIC yet? - (lincoln) - (8)
                                 try his website...its pretty public...and on google too. - (beepster) - (7)
                                     Public = television interview, radio interview - (lincoln) - (6)
                                         So the internet isn't public? - (beepster) - (5)
                                             only npr counts -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 we'll see to that! - (beepster)
                                             Who goes to his website - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                 because he is a democant at heart? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Oh please! -NT - (lincoln)
         yup nasty shit - (boxley) - (1)
             Yeah, because someone stepping on someone's foot in a crowd - (jake123)

Oh, we're on?
93 ms