IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks all. We ordered replacements last night.
After lots of looking around and hemming and hawing, we ordered a couple of LG machines from Home Depot. They should be delivered Saturday.

LG 2301 washer - no steam. We couldn't see paying the ~ $180 extra for steam in the wash and the porcelain top. http://www.lg.com/us...s/LG-WM2301HW.jsp

LG 2501 dryer - with steam. It may be a gimmick, but if it saves me some ironing we think it will be worthwhile. http://www.lg.com/us...yer-DLEX2501W.jsp

We also got the 4 year warranty extensions (5 years total) because they were only $100 each (which should be $170 for 2 - I'll have to see about getting that changed), and because of the occasional horror stories - it seems like a reasonable price for the insurance and less worry.

Total with delivery, installation, take-away of the old set, tax was $1943.99 - this particular sale ends today. I hope to reduce that total by $30, but we'll see.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Thanks all. We ordered replacements last night.
You paid near exactly $1000 more than we did.

But then, we got a run of the mill set. Since we are going to only have Karen and I in the next few years. I saw no need to extra do-hickey-premium washer/dryer.

Karen agreed.

You'll like the music it plays on start up and shutdown and when done with the cycle.
New We had to get the Elephant Repellant feature.
After all, we don't want any elephants attacking us while we do laundry.

:-)

J kept me from even looking at the $1500/piece boxes, so it could have been worse.

Yeah, we got a pretty fancy W&D, but it probably cost less in inflation-adjusted dollars than our Kenmore set. Plus, we gotta do our part to keep the economy going.

We're looking forward to the music - it's a nice touch.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yup, the Korean economy needs the boost :)
Couldn't find any evidence of LG appliance manufacture in the US, but these days it's hard to tell what the actual content is.
New Yeah, that's a problem...
I have an uncle who works for Whirlpool. It was hard not to buy one of their machines, but it just wasn't competitive.

I assume most of the "US" manufacturers have some/most/all of their manufacturing in Mexico for the US market now. Some of the "European" brands have plants in the US.

http://www.answers.c...a-mabe-s-a-de-c-v

http://www.answers.c...ances-corporation

Ya can't tell who's on the home team without a program....

Cheers,
Scott.
New They make a top...
that goes over the 2 units that will work as a counter top.

Its worthwhile. More so that the drawers, which really serve only to keep you from bending for the units to load unload...by replacing the need to bend to get all the stuff to use when you load unload :-)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Been thinking about that.
I haven't seen a dedicated top, but have thought that it might make sense to have a tabletop with long legs to go over the W&D for folding and such.

J immediately noticed the part about the stands - "What's the advantage if you have to bend over to get the detergent?" We skipped them - we'll use the $450 they would have cost for something else.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New They had it at HD when we bought ours...
http://www.homedepot...1&catalogId=10053
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Thanks.
New We have a wash basin in between the washer and dryer.
and we are considering cinder blocks for the risers... as we only need it about 12 inches taller.

But then having the front load allows her to sit Indian style doing laundry. Raising it up, would prevent that.
New /me sings the indian song...
think braves baseball....
     Hey Scott and other Front Loader washer owners... - (Another Scott) - (19)
         7yo Maytag Neptune - (malraux)
         We just bought a a set a couple weeks ago. - (folkert)
         Kenmore stacked washer/gas dryer - (scoenye)
         Have LG here - (beepster)
         roper is a whirlpool -NT - (boxley)
         Ditto on Maytag Neptune - (Ashton)
         Third w/a Neptune - (SpiceWare)
         2 years ago, got Electrolux machines. - (mvitale)
         Thanks all. We ordered replacements last night. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Re: Thanks all. We ordered replacements last night. - (folkert) - (3)
                 We had to get the Elephant Repellant feature. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Yup, the Korean economy needs the boost :) - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Yeah, that's a problem... - (Another Scott)
             They make a top... - (beepster) - (5)
                 Been thinking about that. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     They had it at HD when we bought ours... - (beepster) - (1)
                         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 We have a wash basin in between the washer and dryer. - (folkert) - (1)
                     /me sings the indian song... - (beepster)

268435456 bytes OK.
73 ms