IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New great oneliner
"Yeah, right: Yahweh Magoo can't tell his chosen people from their oppressors without a coppery stench emanating from their doorways when their fucking lives are on the line, and yet he's gonna personally intervene to help you pass your fucking algebra mid-term."
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New :-)
New If he/she/it exists
Either we are insects in an ant farm and the level of disconnect is impossible to cross, or he's everything they think he is, he knows all, he sees all, and he understands our pain and suffering, and possibly causes it. Which means he's an asshole.
New You've got a better mind than that..
C'mon with that Either/Or kid stuff. We can't grok even the 'simple' 11-D Universe necessary to massage super-string theory to accommodate the 4 major Forces, not to mention Dark Matter or negative-Gravity.

Where Western attempts at metaphysics always fall apart is where the (above) Algebra-test-fixing 'personal god' thing begins. That's an automatic FAIL ... VS the earlier, wiser? OK less-stupid view -- which begins with the koan,
The [Absolute] is without attributes. Period.

'Attributes'? "things attributed-to", like..
'He' or 'She' (or even 'IT') or He Loves/Hates/is-Indifferent-to 'You';
[*] Wants you to ____
" " " Doesn't Want you to ____
Etc. ad nauseum.

Looking at the whole Western panoply, you'd think there are no adult approaches to ideas like the 'ineffable'.
There are. What there isn't: Metaphysics for Dummies. The serious enquirer/student can find some clues, mainly beginning with experiments one does on (one's own mentation.)
That because, Trust Me!, given the mendacity, sloth, suggestibility of the species -- becomes useless hearsay.
Thus, there's a special requirement for any such Work: we do it ourselves or there's no Doing at all..

ie Murican koans are preteen, on so many levels.
If you wanted to ponder any aspect of the apparently-invisible, you'd need a few [referents] from Sanskrit for a place to hang a 'name' on a concept one investigates.
(Sanskrit is the only language invented solely for such matters, thus it remains the essential-'Esperanto' for any communications with others similarly engaged.)
It supplies the [referents] which are missing in common social languages, but is sparse with adjectives, adverbs and the usual stuff of those complete languages.
ie you don't "speak Sanskrit" -- you use its common-referents within own language.

All I mean to suggest is: it's possible to explore to some purpose -- without insulting / or disregarding one's intelligence.
And nobody can provide any short-cuts. (About the first thing any 'guru' mentions to the impatient neophyte.)
Remember: you have grown up in a sometimes-infantile, mostly narcissistic milieu: just Look Around at what passes for ___' thought'.
And at the myriad superstitions over which: people will Kill.

Oh and: 'unlearning' headfluff, opinions crammed full of various kinds of shit since tyke-hood, is Hard.
(I don't know how to define 'serious', but idle curiosity appears to be about as effective as an idling engine.)
Them's the breaks. Yet some have managed, all along and despite all that. (Without sacrificing goats. Or sanity.)

Carrion.

great oneliner - (boxley) - (3)
         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         If he/she/it exists - (crazy) - (1)
             You've got a better mind than that.. - (Ashton)

I swear, you make people want to jump into a volcano.
37 ms