IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So lemme get this straight
Slavery was a just cause, the maintenance of which justified the so-called confederate states to secede from the Union. Have I go that right?

Welcome the the U. S. of A., Inc.
jb4
New NO NO NO...
Its was all about the Northerners want take over the cotton and tobacco plantations and steal all the money from the south.

According to *MANY* CSA-ers... that is truly what the illegal Civil War was about.

Yeah, I agree.
New didnt know you were such a gw bush fan
we invaded iraq to free the population right? Operation Freedom? You think in 1861 people were that different?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New nope slavery was a side issue
http://www.slavenorth.com/profits.htm
The effects of the New England slave trade were momentous. It was one of the foundations of New England's economic structure; it created a wealthy class of slave-trading merchants, while the profits derived from this commerce stimulated cultural development and philanthropy. --Lorenzo Johnston Greene, “The Negro in Colonial New England, 1620-1776,” p.319.

Whether it was officially encouraged, as in New York and New Jersey, or not, as in Pennsylvania, the slave trade flourished in colonial Northern ports. But New England was by far the leading slave merchant of the American colonies.
if it wasnt for yankees, slaves wouldnt be as prevalent in the south as they were. The south seceded so they wouldnt be subjugated and have their land owned and operated by northern financiers. It didnt matter, the yankees started the war to take control of southern assets. What the south feared came true. It lasted until the 1970's when the atlantic states finally started to gain independence again.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New if it was slavery why wait till 1865 to free the slaves in
north?
     CSA! CSA! CSA! - (Another Scott) - (34)
         Not to far from the mark. - (folkert)
         +5: Admirable Concision - (Ashton)
         a little broad? is bridgitte a midget? - (boxley) - (11)
             I guess the Confederates should have won, then? -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 didnt happen did it - (boxley) - (9)
                     Yeah, it was a just and glorious cause. Not. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                         Yeah, it was a just and glorious cause. Not. - (boxley) - (7)
                             Great site, there. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                 secession is not aggression - (boxley) - (5)
                                     So lemme get this straight - (jb4) - (4)
                                         NO NO NO... - (folkert) - (1)
                                             didnt know you were such a gw bush fan - (boxley)
                                         nope slavery was a side issue - (boxley)
                                         if it was slavery why wait till 1865 to free the slaves in - (boxley)
         Dennis G. continues... - (Another Scott) - (18)
             I have to agree. - (folkert) - (12)
                 The Senator from SC provides the proof. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                     he wants to read legislation before passing it? the horror -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                         Interesting take. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                         If that was really the goal he would offer some lead time - (jay) - (1)
                             lets discuss this tactic in january - (boxley)
                         Yeah, he just wants to read the bills first. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             now he is servicing his constituents? the horror! -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                 How's that work, exactly? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     what, the group isnt bribing the house enough? I dont know -NT - (boxley)
                                 So... - (jake123) - (2)
                                     In january I will be looking up all of nothers - (boxley) - (1)
                                         its fun. -NT - (beepster)
             I have a little violin for this tard - (boxley)
             btw still dont see any response - (boxley) - (3)
                 "I'm done - you can have the last word." HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Okay, bothers you when the north loved slavery doesnt it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Heh. Nice try. -NT - (Another Scott)
         like the comments - (boxley)