IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: brain fart
Hello, I am Nick Petreley's daughter.
I would like to offer one more side to this story.
When I was eight years old my mother converted to Islam after meeting a Muslim man on the internet. She and my father married as Christians, it was not a surprise to her.
She planned moving to Germany for a few months and was going to bring my half-brother with her but decided to leave him in the United States with my aunt and uncle and they have not seen each other since. She has taken my passport when I was younger, AFTER THE DIVORCE and AFTER SHE LOST CUSTODY.
I am somewhat jealous that you have had contact with my mother as she has not contacted me for the past 9 years.
I believe my father's negative description of my mother is justified based on all of that.
Apparently this is your idea of justice.
New sorry about that
I have not had contact with either since the split became public. Want to make that clear.
New "Divine Justice"
I read through both the older and recent posting on the subject. I wouldn't take the comment of "Divine Justice" with any credence. The individual fully admitted he had joined after the incident.

And while you have lots of facts and feeling on this case, I personally will withhold any judgement of Nick or Janice without more facts. Religion should always be at the personal level (imo) and discussions of religion can, without meaning to, offend people.

You may find, at some point in the future, you are able to contact your mom. You may never hear from her again. But if you get the chance to; it may be worthwhile to hear her out and find what she has to say for herself.
New Hello again...
I met you once when you were much younger when I took a trip out and visited...think we ate at the olive garden and since Nick couldn't do the Tastycakes...I came bearing gifts of pork roll.:-)

Anyway, for a while both your mother and father were fairly regular participants with this group (when he was writing for InfoWorld) and, unfortunately, we've lost touch with both.

Hope all is well...and just for balance...most of the folks here are certified left-wingnuts...I like to tease them :-)

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Thanks for stopping by
I'm a S. Jersey guy who fell in love with Mastoris diner many years ago based on your dad's recommendation.

I'm sorry about your experiences in the family love/religious battles. Hopefully this level of exposure to the extremes gives you more perspective than most.

Take care
     brain fart - (boxley) - (19)
         Nick Peterly? -NT - (drook) - (2)
             thats it, thanx -NT - (boxley)
             Petreley. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Janice? - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             Nick predates my participation here... - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 Yes. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     "Atheists are absolutists"? - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Well, I give you . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                             Dunno about where Peter's Attention is focussed - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Re: Dunno about where Peter's Attention is focussed - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     The 'emotional brain' is quicker than the intellectual brain - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I just don't see anything to change my mind. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Re: I just don't see anything to change my mind. - (Ashton)
             Re: Janice? - (boxley)
         Re: brain fart - (fpe) - (4)
             sorry about that - (boxley)
             "Divine Justice" - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv)
             Hello again... - (beepster)
             Thanks for stopping by - (crazy)

Too hard to follow.
129 ms