IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone seeing SMTP response codes...
As rejects because the e-mail address is invalid, *but* in actuality it is really good e-mail address, but the "mailing list" e-mail is getting flagged as spam and therefore its being rejected like a regular "account not valid" response?

This is *AT SMTP* time... not Reject/Bounce After Accept.

I'm seeing more and more of this, which is against all te RFCs as far as I can see. Even if you bend the rules... its non-compliant.

I just started seeing this about two weeks ago and its spread across multiple domains... so it has to be an anti-spam tool was recently updated to have this feature. Even though we do single opt-in and some double opt-in mailing lists... we are still seeing this.

This is NOT the "user marked this as spam, even though they are opt'd in (with proof)" feedback stuff.
New yes lots of discussion about mailing lists dkim and adsp
so a valid email address is part of a mailing list. Receiver checks adsp for listed address. It is set to must sign dkim discardable so the receiver rejects the mailing list submission to its own user because the mailing list is unsigned or signed by third party. Its gonna screw up mailing lists for a long time. Feel free to get on the list to see what they are up to.
http://mipassoc.org/...istinfo/ietf-dkim
New Some days I'm so glad I run my own server...

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New I got an unusually large set of bounces this week
The one that pisses me off is the one that said DCC identified the message as confirmed spam.

No, the DCC docs explicitly and carefully say that they identify bulk messages -- which a newsletter obviously is -- and that only the recipient can determine if it's unwanted, making it spam.

If ISPs start flagging all bulk as spam, newsletters are in trouble. I can't imagine that will last long on a widespread basis, but could really suck for the people stuck on smaller ISPs who do it.
--

Drew
     Anyone seeing SMTP response codes... - (folkert) - (4)
         yes lots of discussion about mailing lists dkim and adsp - (boxley) - (1)
             sample discussion - (boxley)
         Some days I'm so glad I run my own server... -NT - (static)
         I got an unusually large set of bounces this week - (drook)

“How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?”

- Steven Wright
39 ms