IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have to say, it's beginning to look like there might be
a real problem in the US armed forces.

This guy has not just destroyed his own career, but those of his command staff.

Finally, if that perspective on civilian leadership is widespread within the US forces, then there's a real culture problem going on.
New that part isnt new
Military detests its civilian controllers, always has because they request the impossible with no resources and ridiculous constraints then bitch when it doesnt get done
New Maybe
otoh, the public bitching about it is new.
New It was an embedded reporter
stupid to let him hang around staff pukes
New No different than IT.
Deal with it. People making decisions do not necessarily have all of the facts or knowledge. It's your job to make sure they do.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Even so...
Most of the decision makers don't *WANT* to know all the facts. So they make bad decisions in spite of the report you wrote that they ignore.
New It isn't all a one sided problem
The politicians to tend to ask the impossible of the military. However, the military guys are equally irrational, feeling that if the politicians would just give them an unlimited budget, unlimited manpower, no time limit and remove all those pesky legal rules, they could win every war. Since the military part of the problem is the only part that is their responsibility and under their control, that is the only thing they tend to think about. To a certain extent they are even trained to be that way, keeping their hands and minds out of politics while they are in the service.

Jay
New All of which makes such matters insoluble. By design and,
It Works (that design, not any solution short of revolution. One that succeeds. Hah..)

Will school children learn to spel denouement? (Do the French have a word for that? asks GW Bush.)

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
     I wouldn't be surprised if Stanley retires soon-ish. - (Another Scott) - (15)
         you have it bass ackwards - (boxley) - (3)
             Wrong on so many levels. :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 yup, the administration has gotten a lot of things wrong - (boxley) - (1)
                     Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Tom Ricks says he'll be gone within a week or so. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             cant keep him in uniform now, after remarks like that - (boxley) - (8)
                 I have to say, it's beginning to look like there might be - (jake123) - (7)
                     that part isnt new - (boxley) - (6)
                         Maybe - (jake123) - (1)
                             It was an embedded reporter - (boxley)
                         No different than IT. - (malraux) - (1)
                             Even so... - (folkert)
                         It isn't all a one sided problem - (jay) - (1)
                             All of which makes such matters insoluble. By design and, - (Ashton)
         Didn't last the day. - (Another Scott)

I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon.
91 ms