IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I doubt that this will happen...
Fascinating old article (23 yrs ago) about the history of trying to tame the river:

http://www.newyorker...6?currentPage=all

(Mark) Twain also wrote, “One who knows the Mississippi will promptly aver—not aloud but to himself—that ten thousand River Commissions, with the mines of the world at their back, cannot tame that lawless stream, cannot curb it or confine it, cannot say to it, ‘Go here,’ or ‘Go there,’ and make it obey; cannot save a shore which it |has sentenced; cannot bar its path with an obstruction which it will not tear down, dance over, and laugh at. But a discreet man will not put these things into spoken words; for the West Point engineers have not their superiors anywhere; they know all that can be known of their abstruse science; and so, since they conceive that they can fetter and handcuff that river and boss him, it is but wisdom for the unscientific man to keep still, lie low, and wait till they do it. Captain Eads, with his jetties, has done a work at the mouth of the Mississippi which seemed clearly impossible; so we do not feel full confidence now to prophesy against like impossibilities. Otherwise one would pipe out and say the Commission might as well bully the comets in their courses and undertake to make them behave, as try to bully the Mississippi into right and reasonable conduct.”

Water is very powerful.
New that is an awesome article, bookmarked
     divert the mississippi river to flush the marshes - (boxley) - (4)
         What about the beaches in FL, AL and MS? - (lincoln) - (1)
             lets see what they come up with -NT - (boxley)
         I doubt that this will happen... - (dmcarls) - (1)
             that is an awesome article, bookmarked -NT - (boxley)

Back in my day, if we needed directions we had to slaughter a goat and wiggle the intestines!
32 ms