IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Texas school system racing to the bottom

Empower Texans and the Texas Association of Business today joined groups from across the state and political spectrum to weigh in on the state of our schools.

The Texas Association of Business's report (pdf) states that "our state faces a true Texas-sized crisis...that will destroy our good business climate, prosperity and growth if its goes ignored."

Empower Texans, a conservative political action group, reported that Texas taxpayers are "not getting our money's worth" in Texas' education system.

In his 2003 State of the State address, Perry proclaimed, "There is no greater cause than the education of our children - all of our children."

Texas Association of Business reports (pdf):

* "Only seven states have done a worse job than Texas in developing a well-educated young workforce, those workers who are farthest from retirement age." (p. 2)
* "Currently, at least one-third of Texas ninth graders drop out of school before earning a high school diploma." (p. 4)
* "Based on the current performance levels, more than 50 percent of Texas students will never acquire the level of skills needed to successfully function in a competitive, knowledge-based 21st century economy-- and are not ready to participate." (p. 4)
* "Even if Texas were performing at national best levels in getting students to graduate from high school, enroll in college and graduate from college, our stated 55 percent goal could not be attained." (p. 5)
* "All age groups in Texas are educated at lower levels than their peers nationally." (p. 7)
* "Texas' 25-34 year olds are the least educated group of Texans in two decades." (p. 8)

source: http://www.burntoran...system-is-failing

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Sorry to connect those depressing #s with the Fact
that previous versions of that "25-34 yo ..." group, alone could have tipped the swinging scimitar ==>gotten All of US those Execrable Eight Years
-- especially at this critical time in biped mismanagement of its nearly Fed-Up planet.

Words. Fail.

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Re: Texas school system racing to the bottom
"Texas' 25-34 year olds are the least educated group of Texans in two decades."

If that is true, then I don't know what Perry could possibly be complaining about. An ignorant populace is easier to control...every conservative politician kows that. Seems that his would be playing right into his hands.

Welcome the the U. S. of A., Inc.
jb4
     Texas school system racing to the bottom - (lincoln) - (2)
         Sorry to connect those depressing #s with the Fact - (Ashton)
         Re: Texas school system racing to the bottom - (jb4)

Too busy performing brain surgery on sick children to respond, sorry.
32 ms