IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now trhat EgoMan (aka Steve Jobs) has killed Lala...
...where does one go to get DRM-free music downloads (legally)? I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for music, but I'm not interested in having my personal information hawked to the highest bidder (hear that, Amazon?), nor am I interested in DRM-encumbered rationing if music I own (hear that, iTunes?).

So I avail myself of the LRPD-mind for suggestions...

thanx-

Welcome the the U. S. of A., Inc.
jb4
New DRM encumbered?
Apple convinced the industry to drop DRM a few years ago.

http://www.apple.com...30itunesplus.html

Over time the "plus" moniker went away and it's now all 256 kbps AAC. The Kind label used to show "Protected AAC audio file", it now shows "Purchased AAC audio file".

Even the music videos are now "Purchased MPEG-4 vide file" instead of "Protected MPEG-4 vide file".
New iTunes isn't DRM
As Spice said.

Or if you can't convince yourself of that, go to emusic.com.

Edit: Where did I get "Steve" from? Must have been thinking Steve O'Connor or something.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux May 20, 2010, 04:52:05 PM EDT
New Re: iTunes isn't DRM
Really?

I guess I need to keep up.

I tried eMusic, but they have a subscription system that is all-you-can-eat for so much a month. The trouble is, I can go for quite some time without getting a chance to turn on my home computer (as you can probably tell from the paucity of posts here recently). So it is possible that I may go for a month or more without going to eMusic to download anything, and lose my subscription fee for the month. That's one of the main reasons I like Lala....put a few bucks in the wallet, and use it whenever you want...and the don't write charges on your credit card without you explicitly authorizing it.

I rather liked that.

Steve O'Connor...now there's a name from the past... what ws the name of his alter ego again?

Welcome the the U. S. of A., Inc.
jb4
New I like that: EgoMan.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     Now trhat EgoMan (aka Steve Jobs) has killed Lala... - (jb4) - (4)
         DRM encumbered? - (SpiceWare)
         iTunes isn't DRM - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: iTunes isn't DRM - (jb4)
         I like that: EgoMan. -NT - (static)

Naive is one word for it.
67 ms