IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Incredibly basic Citrix question
I'm about to switch my client's connection from ISDN to DSL, primarily to get the client out of the grip of an evil ISP.

A prior consultant has warned me that I better get the evil ISP on board the project, because otherwise I'll screw up the Citrix server that's connecting the office to the warehouse, and anyway the ISP is a great bunch of guys. Now, I know the warehouse does just about everything on the office NT Terminal Server, and Citrix is a Terminal Server animal, and there is a Citrix CD in the office. But I know practicaly nothing about Citrix. I've worked on the server quite a bit, and haven't seen anything I would consider Citrix spoor - no admin programs in the Start menu, no icons on the desktop or that bar on the lower right corner, no processes named anything that suggests "Citrix" to me, no citrix directory on either hard drive, no splash screen when the system reboots itself at random intervals. I'm not sure I'd recognize Citrix spoor, but I think I'd see the name somewhere.

I don't think Citrix is on the server at all.

Now, I'm no network guru (in fact, when I log off here I'll return to reading TCP/IP for Dummies - so far, mostly things I'm familiar with from general tech exposure, but I'm starting to get some of the terminology straight and pull together a coherent framework for my scattered, but apparently rather comprehensive, collection of facts. Ghod, what a pathetic Saturday night activity.) but the prior consultant managed a recent move - and I haven't heard a good reason why the move required a change of ISP when the old ISP has a local number at the new address - which resulted in about a week of downtime for both email and communication between office and warehouse that I ended up cleaning up. I suspect the prior consultant is trying to scare me off, and is in cahoots with the evil ISP. I also suspect the prior consultant knows less about networks than I do.

I'm off to the warehouse next week to check things out there.

I also think that if there is a Citrix server, all I have to do is change the IP address.
----
United we stand

Divided we dominate the planet without really trying
New Re: Incredibly basic Citrix question
Look for "Metaframe". That's the Citrix product in question. There should be a folder on the start menu full of Metaframe tools. That, and the fact that it says "Citrix Metaframe" when you connect to the thing (which happens how, by the way? Are you using the Terminal Services client? Another indicator of Citrix' presence would be a Program Neighborhood icon on client desktops) should give you the clues you need.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Haven't seen the client machine
I'll probably run up to the warehouse in West Bend on Tuesday to check things out. The only client that is likely to be using Metaframe is that one. And it is a very, ver important one. Conection goes down and no merchandise moves. And the French people get even less polite.
----
United we stand

Divided we dominate the planet without really trying
     Incredibly basic Citrix question - (mhuber) - (2)
         Re: Incredibly basic Citrix question - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Haven't seen the client machine - (mhuber)

I like when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
114 ms