IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is the Republican party fit to govern?
http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo
I’ve been on a soapbox for months now about the harm that our overheated talk is doing to us. Yes it mobilizes supporters – but by mobilizing them with hysterical accusations and pseudo-information, overheated talk has made it impossible for representatives to represent and elected leaders to lead. The real leaders are on TV and radio, and they have very different imperatives from people in government. Talk radio thrives on confrontation and recrimination. When Rush Limbaugh said that he wanted President Obama to fail, he was intelligently explaining his own interests. What he omitted to say – but what is equally true – is that he also wants Republicans to fail. If Republicans succeed – if they govern successfully in office and negotiate attractive compromises out of office – Rush’s listeners get less angry. And if they are less angry, they listen to the radio less, and hear fewer ads for Sleepnumber beds.

So today’s defeat for free-market economics and Republican values is a huge win for the conservative entertainment industry. Their listeners and viewers will now be even more enraged, even more frustrated, even more disappointed in everybody except the responsibility-free talkers on television and radio. For them, it’s mission accomplished. For the cause they purport to represent, it’s Waterloo all right: ours.

Normally, I'd consider a statement that a conservative party let extremists set their agenda, instead of pragmatic deal making, as delusional. However, the Republican party have plain obstructed, refused to talk and gotten nothing over a bill that's mostly their idea in the first place. The idea that a party would let political commentators run it is absurd but I can't think of a better explanation. A major political can't control their own agenda any more? Can the Republican party be regarded as fit to govern?
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New they are no different
they overspend in favor of their own constituents the same way the dems overspend on their constituents. Thats why nother gets heartburn if the repos run things because all of the spending is against his interests. Me I just get heartburn that they are spending at all much less spying on my ass. Pox on both their houses
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New your pseudo-equivalence...
serves the GOP's purpose, and gives the lie to your "independent" stance.
New hogwash
the war on terriers is expanding along with the war against the american people. On the economic front he is a bitch of the wall street dogs just like his predecessor. A health plan that I did agree with allow anyone to pay into and sign up for medicare was ignored and deals struck without public input were made with big pharm, the health insurance companies and a boatload of special interest except for one special interest, the american people so fuck the idea that they are different
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Bug vs Feature
When Obama does it, it's a bug. When Bush did it, it was a feature.

You can find some examples. During the last administration, these were daily events.

---------------------------------------
Why, yes, I did give up something for lent. I gave up making sense.
New oh, box!
You're such the manly, iconoclastic thinker! I'm simply wet with admiration!
New it might be your age, try depends
New No, there is a difference
in that at least one side is honest by omission about who is going to get screwed.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Yes they are . . .
Republicans are totally gonzo INSANE. I give you this page they're
taking dead seriously over on Nick's board.

http://www.dailymail...l-states-sue.html

The Onion couldn't get near this absurd.
New the daily wail, didnt the enquirer have anything?
New One teeny tiny difference (among many)
John Boehner in an update to "Yes we can" - http://www.youtube.c...e=player_embedded 1:59 video. (It's a little loud at times.)

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New sorry I dont think I can
afford any more opportunity and prosperity :-)
New Not at the moment.
They haven't been fit to govern for a long time. They seem to regard Reagan's 8 years as a Golden Age and don't bother to think about policy any more. They only care about sound-bites and scaring their base.

But beyond that, since Obama showed up on the national political scene there seems to have been an epidemic of political stupidity, as John Cole says - http://www.balloon-j...4/gonna-backfire/

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is not a fan of Frum. A stopped watch is right twice a day...)
New mistermix at Balloon-Juice on Frum.
http://www.balloon-j...ly-dont-think-so/

Werd.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Is the Republican party fit to govern? - (warmachine) - (13)
         they are no different - (boxley) - (10)
             your pseudo-equivalence... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                 hogwash - (boxley) - (4)
                     Bug vs Feature - (mhuber)
                     oh, box! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         it might be your age, try depends -NT - (boxley)
                     No, there is a difference - (beepster)
             Yes they are . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 the daily wail, didnt the enquirer have anything? -NT - (boxley)
             One teeny tiny difference (among many) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 sorry I dont think I can - (boxley)
         Not at the moment. - (Another Scott)
         mistermix at Balloon-Juice on Frum. - (Another Scott)

This is why I am in therapy.
120 ms