sane uses for an SUV. What is an insane use, I'd opine, is that which is featured in *EVERY* fucking Tee Vee ad: the appeal to adolescent bravado, cross the Orinoco on a raft; destroy a bunch of flora and fauna enroute to some mountain top: then ride your trick Titanium $5K bicycle straight down the crag. And somehow survive til bragging rights at the sports bar..

Somewhere out there must be Real numbers about the % of these fantasies - once purchased - which virtually NEVER are driven* where 4-WD is even an advantage (it sure isn't any for the 99% spent on the road in good weather - just more friction drag + wear of expensive xfer cases, to no purpose whatsoever except making [oil] Corps their next most profitable year - like last year).

* and if they DO get dirty - they are detailed next day. Purty is what That is about, and was from when the ad first started the salivatin.

I dunno about the rest of the folks, but the above is what frosts my gonads; that and the Other unintended consequences like: the grossly mismatched BUMPER heights - which KILL the (still majority but declining) 'normal' height vehicles: by heading that antiquated truck frame-rail right at the passengers in the cab of the victim car. Now add in the terrible handling, the turtle-prone behavior and.. it's the Others, *not* the besotted adolescent Walter Mitty Urban Assault Vehicle driver who pays the ultimate price. (There's your source of animosity, too. Bloody-well Earned.)

So enjoy your Texas toys out there in the wilderness - No Problemo Se\ufffdor. Just keep the other fucking 99% somehow.. occupied with less deadly pursuits. Like bronco busting? or maybe skiing just outside of the Avalanche Warning signs, on a regular basis. Ski that way every weekend, and help keep the gene pool in balance. (They'll always remember how great it was, that you flunked Sign Reading 101-Remedial).

Ashton
A disintegrated UAV a day is..
plain fucking Self Defense, y'know?