IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks, but spam is not so much the problem
Our mail goes through Postini and that is working pretty well. I'm looking more at the traditional desktop malware. IE is the primary vector. This is a fairly open school environment so nailing things shut does not work very well.
New hmmm, trying to stop endusers from downloading crud?
have you looked at clamwin?
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New That's about it
Although its not even consciously downloaded crud. Almost every other ad these days seems to contain a rogue AV downloader.

Doesn't look like Clamwin is going to make the grade. No on-access scanning makes it a lame duck for production use. We're definitely not looking for, or expecting, a free fix (cheap, maybe, but that is another matter ;) That's why I was hoping that some folks here had experience with one of the enterprise editions.
New well we offer those things but its up the whazoo expensive
and klunky. When I ran a small shop Kapersky is what I reccomended but that was a lot of years ago
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
     Anyone here on top of a corporate antivirus? - (scoenye) - (5)
         vade retro, engate, cloudmark, comtouch - (boxley) - (4)
             Thanks, but spam is not so much the problem - (scoenye) - (3)
                 hmmm, trying to stop endusers from downloading crud? - (boxley) - (2)
                     That's about it - (scoenye) - (1)
                         well we offer those things but its up the whazoo expensive - (boxley)

He's the walking definition of Dunning-Kruger.
62 ms