IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: 18 to 24 inches of snow expected here this weekend.
About 500 of my fraternity brothers were supposed to gather in Annapolis this weekend for a conference. I'm seeing all the status updates come in saying "My flight to the northeast tomorrow has already been cancelled."

Supposedly, all Southwest flights from the Midwest to the DC-ish area have been cancelled already, starting Friday morning, through Sunday morning.

Y'all have fun out there. :(

Stay safe.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New If it's like the December 18-19 storm, it won't be too bad.
It was hell for travelers during that time, but not too bad for those of us who could stay home. We had about 18 inches here.

I'm taking a vacation day today. The thought of going in to work for 4 hours, fighting the traffic home in the snow, and then shoveling out a parking space isn't appealing.

I'm a little worried about a neighbor's tree up the street. It's a silver maple and one of its many trunks snapped about 20' up a week or so ago. That part of the tree is at about a 30 degree angle and poised to fall any time now (probably this weekend when the winds are supposed to pick up to 30 mph) and it's uncomfortably close to the power lines (but should miss them)....

We'll see.

The doggie loves the snow, except when the ice builds up between the pads on her feet. So we'll have some entertainment as long as the wind isn't too bad. :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Dude, call the electric company
They'd much rather come out before it takes the lines out and cut it down.
--

Drew
New Too late.
It's already a pile of logs and sawdust this morning. :-) I guess they had it taken down yesterday (it was dark when I got home).

Good point, though. Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     18 to 24 inches of snow expected here this weekend. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Re: 18 to 24 inches of snow expected here this weekend. - (mvitale) - (3)
             If it's like the December 18-19 storm, it won't be too bad. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Dude, call the electric company - (drook) - (1)
                     Too late. - (Another Scott)
         ~14 inches on the ground now. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             For those who hum that familiar song, - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Is this thing on? - (Another Scott)
         Sullivan has a 27 second time lapse movie. - (Another Scott)

Sine qua non.
41 ms