IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I want to be a bonobo
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New You sure?
http://www.newscient...-their-young.html

So much for the "hippy chimp". Bonobos, known for their peaceable ways and casual sex, have been caught in the act of cannibalism.

An account of a group of wild bonobos consuming a dead infant, published last month, is the first report of cannibalism in these animals – making the species the last of the great apes to reveal a taste for the flesh of their own kind.

The account comes from a group of primatologists led by Gottfried Hohmann of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany. The team has studied bonobos in the wild at a site in Salonga national park in the Democratic Republic of the Congo on hundreds of days since 2002. Few were more eventful than 9 and 10 July, 2008.

Early on the morning of 9 July, Andrew Fowler spotted an ape known as Olga with her two daughters: 5 or 6-year-old Ophelia, and Olivia, who was three years her junior. "By 8 o'clock Olivia was dead," says Fowler. She showed no obvious traces of blood or bruises, so it seems unlikely she had been killed by other members of her group.

[...]

Cheers,
Scott.
New Also, gangs of females often beat up males.
Another activity not mentioned in those rose colored accounts of bonobos.
New So come back as a *female* bonobo
I read somewhere that early 20th century scientists had fits trying to explain the female-on-female face sitting without concluding that homosexuality was not a uniquely human aberration.
--

Drew
New what Ihadd in mind
considering that I am a lesbian in a male body
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Documented in Geese and Swan.
There has been documented cases of male-male Geese and Swan pairing. Female-Female pairing has not been documented, but is assumed to exist.

Suggestions have been made that Ducks should also be similar.
     Reincarnation - (crazy) - (6)
         I want to be a bonobo -NT - (boxley) - (5)
             You sure? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Also, gangs of females often beat up males. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     So come back as a *female* bonobo - (drook) - (2)
                         what Ihadd in mind - (boxley)
                         Documented in Geese and Swan. - (folkert)

Group you belong to is wrong group.
41 ms