I went to pick up mom last Sunday and it had snowed quite a bit, wet packed stuff. Our Dodge Charger is rear-wheel drive with traction system, but it didn't help when I tried to get up the hill to mom's subdivision. I got about halfway up the hill, slid down it again (semi-controlled), and the rear passenger tire came to rest at the opening of a sewer. Stuck, for sure, and no supplies to help (more on this in a minute).

Fortunately, a passer-by going through the cross street stopped and helped me extriciate the car, and I turned and went to mom's through the cross street. Then when mom and I tried to get out to the main road, I had a good chance of getting up a less steep hill until the car in front of me didn't make it and stopped. I was promptly mired again, and I wasn't the only one, there were about 4 of us plus one in the ditch. So one by one the police with some other drivers who wanted it cleared, rescued each of us and helped push us back up the hill so we could make it back up again with some momentum.

To mom's credit, she stayed remarkably calm, even though it took 45 minutes. However, since my car always had the proper snow/ice stuff in it, after that incident I promptly put my small shovel & some kitty litter I could lift, in John's car. Today I'm hoping that will be enough, as I'm heading out to get John's mother at the airport in about an hour or so, and we have a snowy mess outside.

Glad you're safe, Box!

Brenda