Welcome to IWETHEY!

New dont worry she will get healthcare
whether she can afford it or not she will have to buy a plan or go to jail
thanx,
bill
New Stop that.
Those provisions do not exist.

You are an ass. Quit it.

Its stupid idiotic, empty-headed people like you that keep stupid memes like this going.
New I must be confused
I though those provisions are still there, just not as expensive on the 1st pass.
New Please find them for me.
That will take care of this.

Thanks.
New okies define mandatory
read it and weep
so, she has an extry $1900 to fork over?
Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

http://www.examiner....andatory-coverage
abc seems balanced
http://abcnews.go.co...id=8771367&page=2
Critics of mandatory coverage say it will put a burdensome onus on low-income individuals and households. Politically, some GOP lawmakers argue that it constitutes an additional tax and, essentially, goes against the president's promises of no additional taxes.

New and CBO predicts
private, non-company provided plans will increase by double digit % almost immediately.

Good stuff.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Sen. Ensign has a lot of credibility these days...
Not.

Use the Source, Luke!

HR3590 as passed by the Senate - http://frwebgate.acc...:h3590eas.txt.pdf (2409 page .pdf):

(Search for "penalty".)

The poor are exempt from penalties. People who don't meet the exemptions but don't get insurance that meet the requirements can be subject to penalties:

p.322-324:
(c) AMOUNT OF PENALTY.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—The penalty determined under this subsection for any month with respect to any individual is an amount equal to 1/12 of the applicable dollar amount for the calendar year.

(2) DOLLAR LIMITATION.—The amount of the penalty imposed by this section on any taxpayer for any taxable year with respect to all individuals for whom the taxpayer is liable under subsection (b)(3) shall not exceed an amount equal to 300 percent the applicable dollar amount (determined without regard to paragraph (3)(C)) for the calendar year with or within which the taxable year ends.

(3) APPLICABLE DOLLAR AMOUNT.—For purposes of paragraph (1)—
(A) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in subparagraphs (B) and (C), the applicable dollar amount is $750.
(B) PHASE IN.—The applicable dollar amount is $95 for 2014 and $350 for 2015.
(C) SPECIAL RULE FOR INDIVIDUALS UNDER AGE 18.—
If an applicable individual has not attained the age of 18 as of the beginning of a month, the applicable dollar amount with respect to such individual for the month shall be

equal to one-half of the applicable dollar amount for the calendar year in which the month occurs.

(D) INDEXING OF AMOUNT.—In the case of any calendar year beginning after 2016, the applicable dollar amount shall be equal to $750, increased by an amount equal to—
(i) $750, multiplied by
(ii) the cost-of-living adjustment determined under section 1(f)(3) for the calendar year, determined by substituting ‘calendar year 2015’ for ‘calendar year 1992’ in subparagraph (B) thereof. If the amount of any increase under clause (i) is not a multiple of $50, such increase shall be rounded to the next lowest multiple of $50.

IOW,

1) Any penalty cannot exceed 3x the "applicable dollar amount" for a family.
2) In the first year (2014) of the phase-in period "applicable dollar amount" is $95. The maximum penalty for a family is thus $285. Or less than $24/month for a family. For an individual, the maximum penalty for the year is $95, or less than $8/month.
3) In the 2nd year (2015) the maximum penalty is $1050 for a family.
4) After 2015, the maximum penalty is $2250 for a family, and then is indexed by inflation.

The misdemeanor fees apply to fraud, etc., not to being unable to afford the mandatory coverage.

p.328:

(e) EXEMPTIONS.— No penalty shall be imposed under subsection (a) with respect to—
(1) INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT AFFORD COVERAGE.—

[...]

Read all the details there, if you're interested. Somehow, I don't think the facts are going to make this meme go away... :-(

Presumably, the final bill is going to be close to the Senate language.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
     My latest letter to my congressman. - (Another Scott) - (12)
         I quit writing to mine - (boxley) - (11)
             Ya gotta let them know. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 Been sending a letter a week to each... - (folkert) - (9)
                     Completely OT, but Greg... - (jb4)
                     dont worry she will get healthcare - (boxley) - (6)
                         Stop that. - (folkert) - (5)
                             I must be confused - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Please find them for me. - (folkert)
                             okies define mandatory - (boxley) - (2)
                                 and CBO predicts - (beepster)
                                 Sen. Ensign has a lot of credibility these days... - (Another Scott)
                     Believe it or not - it could be worse. You could live in NY. - (Another Scott)

Close to the edge.
68 ms