IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Its not about couch surfing...
iPod Touch and iPhone cover that gracelessly enough for me. (its not a poke at those products, its just my feeling about them)

The air is big on its footprint. It will not fit in my wife's purse or my motorcycle bags without problems of being at an angle or in a weird position or sticking out of it horrible awkwardly.

I want something small, yet full OSX on it. I want *a* keyboard, just not something full size. I want a full 16:10 (or there about) screen format larger than the Touch/iPhone can or will do.

I want to be able to use and do everything I do from my "full size laptop", please do not limit my choice.

The Air is nice and light... that is not the demographic I fit into. I fit into the about the size of a half sheet of paper in footprint demographic. I want something very portable and small, but full featured. At this point the Dell Mini9 with OSX on it works and fits this demographic. It looks good, performs all the OSX stuff (purty eye candy) well without any glitches and I use it a lot.

I'm sorry you feel that Apple doesn't need to enter the market... but did you see the price point I said? $600-700 for a netbook sized machine is NOT the cheap point. I know you said that netbookers are looking for cheap and only cheap... yet why do those "same couch surfers" buy then iPhone and iPod Touch? (I know why, it was a rhetorical question Peter)

I honestly think the $600-700 range is the next perfect high profit center for a small laptop to be and Apple could very easily make and sell a product in the 10"-11" compact market right now and they would sew it up without even trying. If they can do a 12" for under $1K, then this is easily do able for them.
New Re: Its not about couch surfing...
Apple know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff, but the thing they know most about is making an absolute boatload of money.

If there was money in the OS X netbook market, they'd be there.

Seriously. How many people want a tiny computer that isn't also a phone? The folks who want what you want are buying Nokia N900s - for about $600-$700.
New A phone is a phone.
A smart phone is still a phone.

I want a full keyboard, not a thumb board.

Stop telling me what I want.

Next you'll be telling me I want a phone with VMS on it.

If Apple made the footprint I have with the Dell Mini9, nut slightly slimmer in height, I'd probably buy two right off.

I don't want a phone that is also a "computer". I want a computer that is small, full featured and perhaps has a cellular modem in it, otherwise I have a usb dongle for it. The Dell Mini9 makes the grade there.
New Don't tell me, then.
Tell Steve.
New I have.
Multiple times.

I've purchased a plethora of Apple products, iMac, MBP, 3 iPods (3 different generations), 2 iPod nano, 1 iPod shuffle, Apple Software for my MACs.

Plus I've got a Hackintosh.

I've sent feedback at every opportunity.
     Apple support for Atom cpus back? - (Ashton) - (14)
         There is no "support" for Atom in OS X - (pwhysall) - (13)
             Well, if it's laissez-faire as you suggest - (Ashton)
             yeah yeah... - (folkert) - (11)
                 I don't think there's a market for an OS X netbook. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     And netbooks have destroyed the ultra-low-end laptop market - (drook) - (4)
                         Maybe the suit against Intel will fix that. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             I haven't been following that - (drook) - (2)
                                 The lawsuit will probably be on the trailing edge... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     They could, of course... - (pwhysall)
                     Its not about couch surfing... - (folkert) - (4)
                         Re: Its not about couch surfing... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             A phone is a phone. - (folkert) - (2)
                                 Don't tell me, then. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     I have. - (folkert)

Whatever they're promising, I promise the same - plus a pony.
88 ms