IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Figured out the problem ... but not the solution (yet)
I set up the initial crontab, then made one or two changes to it. As a test, I just deleted my crontab, but my job still ran on schedule.

I've got my regular user and an admin user. I've checked that neither of those has a crontab, and I don't see one for root. (Which just means the root user for my virtual server doesn't have one. I don't actually have root on the physical box.)

So, is this something that I can fix, or do I need to submit a ticket to support?
--

Drew
New *NOW* I've figured out the problem ... I am a dumbass
I never disabled the cronjob from the other host. As soon as the DNS changes propagated I started getting two runs. I had assumed since the server still thought it owned the domain that the job would never leave the box, but that doesn't seem to have been the case.
--

Drew
New ICLRPD
*NOW* I've figured out the problem ... I am a dumbass
     Odd cron/links behavior - (drook) - (16)
         I usually use wget for stuff like that. -NT - (malraux) - (12)
             How? - (drook) - (11)
                 cmd >>out.txt file appends output to out.txt - (boxley)
                 Re: How? - (malraux) - (9)
                     Ahh, output-document ... so intuitive - (drook) - (8)
                         typically /var/log/messages and any output is sent to root.. - (folkert) - (7)
                             Nothing in /var/log/messages - (drook) - (6)
                                 Re: Nothing in /var/log/messages - (folkert) - (5)
                                     Nope, not there either - (drook) - (4)
                                         Check /etc/syslog.conf - (scoenye) - (3)
                                             Good point. - (folkert)
                                             That would do it - (drook) - (1)
                                                 set it for a single pass first, then debug - (boxley)
         Figured out the problem ... but not the solution (yet) - (drook) - (2)
             *NOW* I've figured out the problem ... I am a dumbass - (drook) - (1)
                 ICLRPD - (jake123)

But clearly, it's unreasonable to use a sledge hammer to drive upholstery tacks.
74 ms