IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That takes me back
to my old College Faternity days, one of the actives (I was a pledge) asked me to make the hottest nachoes that I could. He claimed that in Texas they were very hot, and nobody could make them hot enough for him. So I saw that the Jalapeno jar had more juice in it than peppers, so I got the powdered nacho cheese and use the jalapeno juice instead of water for it. I mixed in about half a jar of chili powder (My grandfather, whom I and my father were named after, used to use a whole jar of chili powder in his chili), some more of that jalapeno juice to make it runny enough, and whatever hot sauce 9Crystal I think?) I could find. I mixed it all up, and tried a sample. It was hot, really hot, even with my sinuses stuffed up, it cleared them open and I was able to breathe through my nose again. Anyway, he came back, and tried a few, and then told me they aren't hot enough, then he went to drink some milk or something. I could see from his face that they were indeed hot, I called them Lava Nachoes, Missouri style. :)

"Will work for fair salary and benefits, seeking company with integrity."
New Ah, yes, good old Willy Chili
A group of people where I used to work would hold a Chili/Halloween party. I always had to tone down my Willy Chili for the poor people; I think rather than using three blended-up habaneros, I substituted cayenne instead. Never had quite the same kick, but people still always seemed afraid to indulge in it.

(The "real" recipe also had cayenne in it; the cayenne for the up-front burn, the habanero for the delayed burn.)

What's sad is that of the first ten sites uncovered by Google, only one actually referred to the cayenne pepper - there was a communications company, something about the islands, and some other miscellany.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
New Habenaro Pepper
One of our friends, Ed, had a Thanksgiving party and me and my two brothers were invited. My brother Gary drove me there, and my other brother Steven was on his way. Ed told me that if I ate the Habenaro pepper he would pay me $20USD, but I declinded. He then offered my brother Gary the $20USD, and Gary ate the pepper. Then he went to grab the soda and Ed interrupted "Don't drink that, it will only make it worse." then he gave Gary some bread, and then some Milk. Then Steven arrived, Ed offered him $20USD to eat the other pepper. He did, and after he did, Ed told Gary "See Steven's face? That is what you looked like fifteen minutes ago!" Then Steven ate the rest of the bread and drank the rest of the milk. Ed paid them both $20USD and asked them if it was worth it to suffer for the money? They both answered "No". Later on both Steven and Gary had ulcers and Ed felt bad about it. I knew Ed, and I knew that if he was going to pay me to eat a pepper that it must be really really hot, like the hottest in the world.

"Will work for fair salary and benefits, seeking company with integrity."
New Suggestion for new signature
I am the master of my own fate.

Use it, believe it, work it.
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New Peppers and ulcers
As far as can be determined, peppers don't (by themselves) cause ulcers. And may even be a treatment, at least according to [link|http://mn.essortment.com/pepticulcerdis_rzqe.htm|this page].
Cayenne pepper capsules however, are a time honored treatment for ulcers in Europe. Cayenne works at rebuilding damage stomach linings and increases the stomach's production of mucus. Take up to 3, 450-mg. tablets with food and a glass of water daily.

Of course you can "prove" anything with what you find on the web nowdays, but I've seen other sources that say (at least with cayenne peppers) that it does not hurt and may help stomach/intestinal problems.

I would think that if someone has open bleeding ulcers in their intestinal tract, pretty much *anything* (peppers, rice, milk, grass, sand) would be harmful.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
     The Chili Judge - (Silverlock) - (5)
         That takes me back - (nking) - (4)
             Ah, yes, good old Willy Chili - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Habenaro Pepper - (nking) - (2)
                     Suggestion for new signature - (Silverlock)
                     Peppers and ulcers - (wharris2)

ICLRPD.
42 ms