IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is chopping up the file into < 2 GB chunks an option?
If the main problem is the file size limit, can you have the client machine chop the file into < 2 GB chunks (automatically, in the background) before it is sent?

I'm thinking of calling something like Zip Chunker in the background, sending the pieces, and then reassembling them on your end. How one would do that via PHP is left as an exercise for the reader. (IOW, I'm waving my hands around madly.)

http://www.jibbensof...com/utilities.cfm

Just a thought. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Unlikely
But possible.

I'll save it for Phase II

Thanks
     PHP upload widget/library? - (crazy) - (23)
         Re: PHP upload widget/library? - (folkert) - (22)
             Oh, that's not the issue. - (crazy) - (21)
                 For EXT2 and older filesystems... - (folkert)
                 That's a very very very big file. - (static) - (19)
                     Yup - (crazy) - (18)
                         I'd be looking at an SFTP or SCP solution. -NT - (static) - (17)
                             same here -NT - (boxley)
                             I wish - (crazy) - (15)
                                 Is chopping up the file into < 2 GB chunks an option? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Unlikely - (crazy)
                                 You can bet on that - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     Other way around - (crazy)
                                 a place I used to work used sftp to send files - (boxley) - (10)
                                     Been there, done that - (crazy) - (9)
                                         I'd seriously consider - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (8)
                                             How would you handle the client side? - (crazy) - (7)
                                                 build a web based wrapper for it. -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     How convenient - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I KNOW! - (folkert)
                                                         start here - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             Help a lot - (crazy)
                                                             That's a possibility... - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                                                                 No icons - (crazy)

Windows - nice body, scrambled brains. It's Jennifer Aniston!
69 ms