IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not that I'm disagreeing with you...
but I personally hate the idea of being forced to buy insurance. It's a bogus ok to the insurance companies for giving up the "right" to recind health insurance.

3 or 4 jobs this year and each insurance company wants PROOF that we've been covered by insurance (once we hit our deductable). I notice, however, that they immediately know when my insurance situation has changed.
New That much I agree with
Mandated insurance purchase for everybody is a terrible way to provide universal coverage. It may be the best option open the US right now because of the ideological opposition to any large government program, political opposition from Republicans and the massive amount of lobbying money being thrown against it. But it isn't a good one in any sense of the word.

The insurance field is inherently not a good market. It's very difficult for the insured to get good information comparing their insurance to other insurance and people don't tend to care enough until they need their insurance and then then it's too late to shop for the best price/benefit ratio. The one in the US is even worse because it's normally purchased through your job not personally. That greatly cuts down on the competition in the market and keeps people from realizing just how much it actually costs them. The end result of that is that any market place solution is not really going to achieve the sort of cost containment desired.

Jay
     teh problem is the politicians - (boxley) - (6)
         It's a silly question really - (jay) - (5)
             Re: It's a silly question really - (boxley) - (4)
                 Says you - (jay) - (3)
                     Commerce clause and H1N1 - (mhuber)
                     Not that I'm disagreeing with you... - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                         That much I agree with - (jay)

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!
68 ms