IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If I were doing a bare website I probably would
But I'm doing this on Wordpress. Trying to learn YUI at the same time I'm learning Wordpress is a bit much. Maybe when I move my other site to Wordpress.
--

Drew
New It's not YUI
It's just a CSS file that they use. That part of YUI takes about 15 minutes to learn and start using.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Have you used Wordpress?
Not being flip or sarcastic. It's a huge, gnarly framework -- at least it looks that way at first. Lots of overlapping selectors, magical HTML rewrites, long-standing conventions (some of which are actually documented).

I'm sure it gets easier as you get familiar with it, but you have to look in bunches of files to find where things are changing. And you can't just look at one page and know what you're changing. Lots of selectors are in there for elements that only appear on-screen during very specific circumstances.

I'm at the point of learning a new framework. I want to understand Wordpress -- and in particular WP themes -- before I start overlaying another set of selectors.
--

Drew
New Nope.
Understood. :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I'm dangerously close to becoming a WordPress fanboy
It's reasonably well-structured. So every time I beat my head against a particular wall long enough, I finally have an a-ha moment that clears up lots of things.

Themes inherit from the base system. Child themes inherit from parent themes. CSS cascades down through ridiculous numbers of layers and still works. (Assuming you found the correct selector to begin with.) The particular theme I'm using is almost 100% structure with very little design.

It all just seems to work. Even caching pre-compiled pages.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I found my hosting solution. Now, to figure out the easiest way to automate the cleanup after I import the current blog ...
--

Drew
New Cool!
Wordpress seems easiest to me also, before I NIX'd what i had setup.

FYI. Your item is shipping back to me, finally, tomorrow.

Its coming USPS 2-3 day.

If I get it Friday or Saturday, I might be able to have it shipping on Tuesday.

All depends on the look of the Nickel-Tin Pins I have cut for it and how they look after swaging. You might get brass bins in stead.
New Woot -- can't wait
--

Drew
     Anyone interested in a CSS brain teaser? - never mind, fixed - (drook) - (8)
         Suggestion for CSS positioning - (malraux) - (7)
             If I were doing a bare website I probably would - (drook) - (6)
                 It's not YUI - (malraux) - (5)
                     Have you used Wordpress? - (drook) - (4)
                         Nope. - (malraux) - (3)
                             I'm dangerously close to becoming a WordPress fanboy - (drook) - (2)
                                 Cool! - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Woot -- can't wait -NT - (drook)

I think I'll go for a walk.
83 ms