IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I know what forum this is but
its time to swing by the managers office and say "houston we have a problem" or something of that nature. Have her explain what she wants and you tell her estimated times for those kind of actions.
PPP on her part does not produce an emergency on your part. type of conversation.
thanx,
bill
There is no difference between a "settler," "soldier," "secular," or "Chassidic Jew." The target is the JEW.
\ufffd Harvey Tannenbaum
New Can't really do that
Boxley:

She's really a "hands off" type of manager. Always on the go, in meetings, on the phone behind closed door, and sending out orders through subordinates, ESPECIALLY when those people DON'T WORK FOR HER.

I really couldn't fight back at all since the client reps were due in this morning, and in an ideal world I could have gone to her ASAP and said "there's not enough time on the clock" and she would have listened. BUT THAT'S NOT HER STYLE.

She's a "management by the book" type manager, not a "management through common sense" type manager.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New Given now many of these vignettes, through the years
wherein the blind (and unwilling to acquire a Seeing Eye dog) lead the 'sighted' (but un-Suited) to regularly work feverishly to accomplish the barely-possible (and often - the not merely unnecessary but, logically-flawed to boot) --

I think I'd rather become a Florist. Or a mercenary. Or an ex-patriate (?)

Y'know?

Condolences on picking an esoteric vocation while dwelling in an increasingly concrete-dense society of pushers of Power-Point fantasies (in lieu of Honest Work\ufffd)

Ashton
who notices that this week, the Vast Tee Vee Wastelend includes PBS too: several variations on ~ Ethel Glotz's Map for Success or other inspirational titles reminiscent of, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

So it ain't just at your shop, where the madness is getting to be almost routine.. Something in the water...
New its not a qustion of fighting back
Just letting her know what the capabilities are. If she is that dense she might not even know what the actual time costs to do the tasks she wants and if everyone is afraid to tell her she is working in a vacuum. Of course I dont work there so who am I to give advice.
thanx,
bill
There is no difference between a "settler," "soldier," "secular," or "Chassidic Jew." The target is the JEW.
\ufffd Harvey Tannenbaum
New Here's the latest
project lead comes by at 11 AM today and says that it looks like the launch date will be pushed back 1 - 2 weeks minimum.

See, one of the client personnel is fluent in Korean: reads it, speaks it, writes it. The client team pores over our sample printouts ALL DAY yesterday when the bi-lingual person starts pointing out how some passages in letters aren't translating correctly into Korean. The files of translated text were sent to us over a month ago. AND JUST NOW SOMEONE AT THEIR COMPANY LOOKS AT IT AND SAYS "IT'S NOT TRANSLATING CORRECTLY"????

Do ya think that somebody, ANYBODY, at their company might have THOUGHT to check the translations BEFORE sending them to us???

Un-fucking-believeable.

TGIF
BConnors
- In search of a new sig. Anybody got any suggestions?
New Why is this a problem?
I mean, yeah, I can understand your frustration, but this kind of idiotic inefficiency is dreadfully commonplace. It's a process thing that companies seem unable to completely stamp out.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Too true
the managers keep making mistakes and grossly mismanage people, yet they are kept on while people under them are forced to quit or let go? Corporate america is almost always like this. It is hard to find a good manager.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     New manager is as sharp as a marble - (bconnors) - (8)
         I know what forum this is but - (boxley) - (6)
             Can't really do that - (bconnors) - (5)
                 Given now many of these vignettes, through the years - (Ashton)
                 its not a qustion of fighting back - (boxley) - (3)
                     Here's the latest - (bconnors) - (2)
                         Why is this a problem? - (static) - (1)
                             Too true - (nking)
         I know the feeling - (nking)

I don't know who thought this up, but it certainly wasn't a bird.
118 ms