IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not crap, said it didn't have a snowball's chance
As in there's no way it will pass.

There's a difference between a plan and an idea. A soundbite -- and that's what I gave, that Box quoted -- can never be more than an idea. A plan is something that you, you know, plan to do.

If anyone made a serious run at legislation to remove liability shields, we'd see wall-to-wall commercials from the insurance industry opposing it for months straight. Possibly the AMA and other professional groups, too, depending on whether they think the specifics of the plan are in their interest or not.

You know who you wouldn't see commercials from? Patients. The ones with the most compelling arguments are already dead. The next best are all bankrupt.

Like they say, politics is the art of the possible. That's what distinguishes it from punditry. If you want to quote more impossible soundbites, how about, "We should all help out those less fortunate than ourselves." Yes we should. And as soon as you show me the steps we can take to move closer to that, then you'll actually have a plan.
--

Drew
New Fair enough...could have used "more words"
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Heh.
     government health care in action - (boxley) - (26)
         Private health care in action - (drook) - (25)
             HMO's government regulated healthcare at its best - (boxley) - (24)
                 You don't want HMO stories? - (drook) - (23)
                     Remove liability shields and enforce existing law absolutely -NT - (boxley) - (22)
                         And since that has a snowball's chance ... what's your plan? -NT - (drook) - (14)
                             Hey buddy... - (folkert)
                             since I already posted it about a THOUSAND FSCKING TIMES! - (boxley) - (12)
                                 Interesting - (crazy)
                                 All in one place is helpful, thanks - (drook) - (2)
                                     what major changes? - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Ah yes, I'm scared -NT - (drook)
                                 My $0.02. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     OT where have you been hiding out? On vaca? - (boxley) - (6)
                                         Yup. Got back late last night. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                             Welcome back - (beepster) - (4)
                                                 Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                     too many bricklins on the road maybe? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         No Bricklins. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Cause all the mustangs - (beepster)
                         You sound like my 15 year old daughter - (crazy) - (6)
                             Does she often - (beepster) - (5)
                                 Nah - (crazy) - (4)
                                     Actual point was - (beepster) - (3)
                                         Not crap, said it didn't have a snowball's chance - (drook) - (2)
                                             Fair enough...could have used "more words" -NT - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)

*THAT'S WHAT HE MEANT!!!*
49 ms