IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Palin to quit at end of July. Hasn't said why yet.
http://tpmdc.talking...ah-palin/?ref=fpa

Cheers,
Scott.
New Quitter!
-------------------------------------------- Matthew Greet I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New EdwardTeller at OxdownGazette (FDL) reviews Palin
http://oxdown.firedoglake.com/diary/6105 - lots of embedded links in the original.

Although speculation about possible investigations into aspect of her conduct, both as Alaska Governor, and in her earlier job as Wasilla Mayor, has been rampant, there is no hard data to indicate that any of the rumored investigations into Palin or the Palins will come to a conclusion soon.

Most recently, she has seen a crash in fundraising efforts. Last week, the Palin shrine, Conservatives4Palin, concluded a weeklong effort to raise $500,000 for Palin's legal bils, having reached only 21% of their goal. Wednesday, the state began releasing figures that indicated the majority of expenses borne by the state, involving so-called "ethics complaints' involving Palin, have resulted from a complaint Palin had filed against herself, and from complaints that resulted in negotiated settlements adverse to the governor's claim that she is a crusader for ethics reform.

Her legal bills are approaching 2/3 of a million dollars. Much, if not almost all, of her legal bills stem from her own conduct as governor, and over issues having to do what her daughter's son's father is strongly suspected of holding over the family.

Yesterday, a new records request was filed by one of Alaska's most activist bloggers, Linda Kellen Biegel.

With the web publication of the August issue of Vanity Fair's long article about Palin, and the high level of infighting among GOP figures and people involved in the 2008 McCain-Palin campaign about aspects of that article, Palin, for the fourth week in a row, was insinuated into the news in a garish way unprecedented in American politics.

Outside of Alaska, once a week for the past month, she made headlines that couldn't have helped anyone's long-term prospects:

[...]

Update: This just in my inbox, from a source connected sometimes to CNN:

"Here's a quote I got from law enforcement here in Alaska yesterday afternoon regarding Palin "a criminal indictment is pending authorization."

It looks like she's not going to leave the national stage quietly, even if she (hypothetically) wanted to.

<edit:> Some wacky conspiracy stuff is at Wonkette - http://wonkette.com/...ted-two-years-ago NOTE! Wonkette is a humor site which picks on politicians. NOTE! I don't necessarily put stock in any of the rumors yet...

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott July 3, 2009, 07:32:51 PM EDT
New Awww... man.
Just when Boxley was getting his hadron collider back together for the 2012 election.
New naw, told you before, she is from wasilla. Im not surprised
New One of two things. Or both.
More skeletons in the Palin family closet.

Gearing up for the GOP nomination for 2012.
     Palin to quit at end of July. Hasn't said why yet. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Quitter! -NT - (warmachine)
         EdwardTeller at OxdownGazette (FDL) reviews Palin - (Another Scott)
         Awww... man. - (folkert) - (1)
             naw, told you before, she is from wasilla. Im not surprised -NT - (boxley)
         One of two things. Or both. - (pwhysall)

Can those of you in the back hear me?
70 ms