IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pay attention to what I'm *not* talking about
I'm not talking about whether this administration is any better or worse than the previous. What I'm saying is that the people who spent eight years saying secrecy was not a problem, that it was in fact essential for our safety, have suddenly "realized" that no, it's a problem after all.

So whether this administration is living up to it's campaign promises or not, that's not what I'm talking about.

You could argue the point that lack of transparency is a problem not in itself, but only because they campaigned on openness. But that is exactly the argument liberals have been making against the family-values Republicans when they get caught having affairs, or the anti-gay Republicans caught in public men's rooms.

But conservative pundits have never advanced those arguments, so why is going back on your campaign promises a problem now? Because now it's the other party. Which means it's not about principle. Which means it's fake outrage.

Process matters, but so does policy. The media today have all but given up discussing policy in favor of gotcha, and process arguments.
--

Drew
New I don't see any pundits...
..in anything leading up to you introducing it to the discussion...so maybe box was onto something when he noticed Helen had become a neocon...or a right wing pundit.

post edit...the other guy was CBS news...another bastion of right wing news and punditry ?!?
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
Expand Edited by beepster July 1, 2009, 10:24:01 PM EDT
New Not talking about the people at the press conference
I'm talking about the echo chamber that keeps showing that clip. I just googled "helen thomas video" and three of the first five are that clip. When I google "helen thomas gibbs" eight of eleven on the first page are about that exchange.
--

Drew
New Thats not anything but the internet
included in that coverage are both sides...fox, demo underground...its linked to because its news...not because of one side or the other.

huffington is now onto coverage of the coverage...beating up Bill O for his "wicked witch" comment.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     helen thomas wakes up - (boxley) - (31)
         Well its about time -NT - (beepster) - (9)
             Just curious - (drook) - (8)
                 Couple of things - (beepster) - (6)
                     What crap is that? - (drook) - (5)
                         Re: What crap is that? - (beepster) - (4)
                             Pay attention to what I'm *not* talking about - (drook) - (3)
                                 I don't see any pundits... - (beepster) - (2)
                                     Not talking about the people at the press conference - (drook) - (1)
                                         Thats not anything but the internet - (beepster)
                 what rightleft wing outrage? - (boxley)
         Talk about fake outrage... - (Another Scott) - (19)
             so helen thomas is a neocon now, okay... -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Helen is a newspaper woman who feels scorned. - (Another Scott)
             Where's that coming from? - (drook) - (16)
                 It's from conventional "inside the beltway" thinking. - (Another Scott)
                 so cap and trade will not cost me anything extra? edit link - (boxley) - (14)
                     Don't fall for the disinformation. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                         And why would they need demonstrations of labeling - (beepster) - (11)
                             #1) It's a start. #2) See below. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                 Doesn't really help - (beepster) - (9)
                                     A few things. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                         a better idea, cap and no trade - (boxley) - (4)
                                             I don't know anything about Sokol's plan. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 i understand about no oversight - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     Section 355 of W-M modifies other rules. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Re: Section 355 of W-M, waste management? - (boxley)
                                         Cap and trade doesn't address tech investment - (beepster) - (2)
                                             I used to think that, too. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Yes we will - (beepster)
                         wrong link in above post, corrected - (boxley)
         Seems to have been a pretty quiet event. - (Another Scott)

Connection reset by peer.
66 ms