IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey, Nightey, how are YOU doing?!?
What is this broken elbow shit?!? I can see how that might slow you down a bit...

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends! (Disk crashes notwithstanding...)
jb4
New Re: Hey, Nightey, how are YOU doing?!?
Last Wednesday I tried to navigate a room where a bunch of under-the-bed boxes had been pulled out and laid around, in order to get various boxes of screws and nails.

I successfully navigated getting in and out twice without moving the under-the-bed boxes, (they were pulled out to let the rug dry because the exterminator had been here), but the third time I missed the narrow gap between the stack of three boxes and one other one, and my foot came down on top of the edge of the box.

Both feet left the air, all my weight came down on my right elbow in bent position, and the boxes of screws went flying. YEOUCH!

I broke the radial head bone, which is a bone that turns your arm, so I can't turn my hand/arm much, it's pretty much in a palm-downward position. They put me in a splint. Computer is limited, as is writing with a pen.

The good news is the second round of x-rays were good today, the dr approved me to be out of the splint part of the time each day, and to try turning my arm now and then. She's glad I am so bored and WANTING to type or write or play piano, she thinks that will encourage me not to be inactive and let it atrophy.

I was even cleared today to play the piano, although limitedly, and it hurts more to write than to do that, because my palm doesn't have to turn to play the piano.

Anyway, I find myself with lots of time on my hands, so I'm trying to get caught up online. To that end I'm learning left-handed mouse and keyboard shortcuts.

Yep, it's slowing me down a bit, but hopefully not for long!

Thanks for asking!

Brenda
New Get well, Brenda!
Alex
     Laura, how are you doing? - (Nightowl) - (11)
         Last I exchanged messages - (beepster) - (1)
             Thank you Beep :) - (Nightowl)
         Last emails I exchanged with her . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         She is active on one of the social networking websites. - (static) - (1)
             Thank you for all the info - (Nightowl)
         Hey, Nightey, how are YOU doing?!? - (jb4) - (2)
             Re: Hey, Nightey, how are YOU doing?!? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Get well, Brenda! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Heard from Laura today . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Great. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Good news! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment.
39 ms