IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have a great time! Careful about your money.
J and her sister just got back from a trip there. They had a good time, but there were a few problems that tried to spoil it.

One example: They got some Euros from an ATM after arriving. (It took a while to find one that worked, but that's another story.) The machine only spit out 50E notes. They went to a restaurant and got a pizza. The bill was less than 20E. They paid with a 50E. The waitress only brought back change for a 20E. They argued, but nothing could be done to change things. So, their pizza dinner cost about $50 more than it should have.

:-(

Pick-pockets are bad, too. My dad had his wallet lifted from his front pants pocket on a bus to the Vatican...

So, keep your wits about you and have a great time!

Cheers,
Scott.
New the eurochange scam
That is, unfortunately, a common game played upon obvious (or oblivious) Americans. Anecdotes and testimonies are plentiful, and go back years. It probably helps, when paying with a large denomination bill, to make a point of identifying this when it first changes hands. A particularly brazen or contemptuous waitron will likely deny to your face, upon returning with change, that you ever pointed to the "50," but I would guess that the average petty criminal in the serving class will prefer to prey upon the inattentive, as requiring less effort to lie to.

cordially,
New Yeah, I remember that
made my own change on the establishment, quite the ugly american I was too
     Notice to all - (mvitale) - (12)
         belated honeymoon in rome? - (boxley)
         Have a great time! Careful about your money. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             the eurochange scam - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Yeah, I remember that - (boxley)
         When in Rome.... - (beepster)
         Also... - (pwhysall)
         I hath returned. - (mvitale) - (5)
             Woot! It looks like you had a great time. Welcome back! -NT - (Another Scott)
             awesome, how was the groceries? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Awesome! - (mvitale)
             Nice pics- I'm way jealous! -NT - (Meerkat)
             Thanks for fixing the server! - (Nightowl)

*sniff*
34 ms