IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Use kcc
As indicated in the READMEs. :-)

RedHat 7.0 uses a different version of gcc that is incompatible with the kernel source. kcc is linked to an older version.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New no joy, think older ver 6.2 had this driver
will try installing that.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New You might have to specify that.
There should be a kgcc RPM.

As I recall, it was a seperate option to install.

Addison
New No it ran with kcc but gagged on the same spot.
hard drive related. A co-worker suggested installing the OS with no cards in the slot so the OS recognises the pcmcia but loads no drivers. After rebooting with the cards in the pcmia driver would look for appropriate card drivers. The idea being it is two things at once is two much for the install to figure out. :) will try that next.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Huh?
You're talking about a kernel compile, right?

Or are you talking about running the kernel you just compiled?

Addison
New kernel compile
make dep
make clean
make bzIimage(spelling prolly wrong)
when it gets to the hardware code about the ide hard drive, find unreferences symbols and eits with an error code 1.
Reinstalled a 6.2 kernel with the pcmcia cards out. Rebooted, pushed cards in and got the correct drivers.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New One of us is very very confused.
when it gets to the hardware code about the ide hard drive, find unreferences symbols and eits with an error code 1.

OK, that's fine.... Has nothing to do at all with what's in your box currently.

Reinstalled a 6.2 kernel with the pcmcia cards out. Rebooted, pushed cards in and got the correct drivers.

A binary kernel? Ok. so that's the *running kernel*... and it loads the right modules.. OK...

That's not affected by the kernel compile...

Unless I'm very confused.

Addison
New no I was trying to build a new image
and could compile the source I had. If it would have compiled would have changed lilo.conf to direct it to that kernel. Kinda like the difference between running config and startup config on a router.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
     redhat 7.0 kernel is unbuildable - (boxley) - (8)
         Use kcc - (admin) - (7)
             no joy, think older ver 6.2 had this driver - (boxley) - (6)
                 You might have to specify that. - (addison) - (5)
                     No it ran with kcc but gagged on the same spot. - (boxley) - (4)
                         Huh? - (addison) - (3)
                             kernel compile - (boxley) - (2)
                                 One of us is very very confused. - (addison) - (1)
                                     no I was trying to build a new image - (boxley)

My pain became my strength I am reborn I'm deaf not dumb lest you forget.
132 ms