IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Any cautions on step 3?
Pouring flaming liquid over chicken might be fun to watch but hard to deal with the inevitable expanded conflagration later.
New The way I actually did it this time . . .
. . due to a lapse in preperation, was to pour it over the chicken in the hot pan and light it off there. Modest foomf for about 1-1/2 seconds. Doubt it would be any worse poured from a pan. The biggest problem is getting it to burn at all - it has to be quite hot.

In my childhood we used to pour pure alcohol onto a plate and set it on fire to singe the pin feathers off of plucked chickens. Even pure alcohol burns in an orderly manner with a rather cool flame.

New Any ramifications of skipping step 3 entirely?
Not sure I could get away with that in the kitchen I have available to me!

Wade.

"Ah -- I take it the doorbell doesn't work?"
New To tell the truth . . .
. . it isn't going to make a huge difference. Omitting the brandy you might use dry sherry instead of the white wine, but that's the only change I'd suggest.

I went with the brandy out of tradition, as in Dione Lucas' recipe, but went with the white wine most others use instead of her dry sherry (because I have lots of white wine and not a lot of dry sherry). She used 1/4 cup but without the brandy I'd go for 1/2 cup. Most recipes today don't use the brandy.
     Chicken Marengo - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
         Any cautions on step 3? - (Silverlock) - (3)
             The way I actually did it this time . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Any ramifications of skipping step 3 entirely? - (static) - (1)
                 To tell the truth . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Except that I screwed up, big time. - (Andrew Grygus)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
50 ms