IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Defining Victory
I agree with how/what objectives were won lost so you are not hopeless after all. Your initial post in the series was about how we kicked butt all the time, every time. that wasnt the case. As far as winning goes, what do you think of this link,
[link|http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0304/p01s03-wosc.html|link]
A day-by-day account of how Osama bin Laden eluded the world's most powerful military machine.
thanx,
bill
There is no difference between a "settler," "soldier," "secular," or "Chassidic Jew." The target is the JEW.
\ufffd Harvey Tannenbaum
New What the link demonstrates is what I have already conceded
...namely that the war isn't over yet. It's only been five months, whaddaya expect?

We have removed the Taliban from power, and gained respect from the regimes of Pakistan and of Russia. The first was a subgoal on the way to the ultimate goal. The other is a bonus. All things considered, not bad.

And by the way, I never cliamed we "kicked butt every time." Surely you can read more carefully than that.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
     OpEd: Even without our high tech and superior numbers... - (marlowe) - (34)
         I am unsurprised your history is lacking - (ben_tilly) - (26)
             Yep... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 You need that in every war. - (Brandioch)
             You gotta be kidding. - (marlowe) - (18)
                 duh, yea they let us win, dumass - (boxley) - (13)
                     You'd better tell us how you define " victory" then. - (marlowe) - (12)
                         Defining Victory - (boxley) - (1)
                             What the link demonstrates is what I have already conceded - (marlowe)
                         Where are you pulling your "British Goals" from? - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                             So what you're saying is... - (marlowe) - (8)
                                 Pressing - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                     Be careful what you're excusing, there. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                         Believe what you will - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             You project your way of thinking upon them. - (marlowe)
                                 Now I understand why people treat you with disbelief - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                     Britain started it, US declared it. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                         Truth==Blind aceptance of horseshit? - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Better mine than yours. -NT - (marlowe)
                 I am not kidding - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     US attacked first? - (marlowe) - (2)
                         dont think so, dont weasel - (boxley)
                         Learn some European history please - (ben_tilly)
             While I'm not a serious student of this stuff . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Nicely arcane angle.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     link to ships - (boxley) - (2)
                         I'll have to amend an earlier comment of mine. - (marlowe) - (1)
                             On second thought.... - (marlowe)
         You forget Korea - (boxley)
         I don't think he was in the same army I was. - (Brandioch)
         Decisively beaten in Vietnam? - (wharris2) - (4)
             I define victory as the meeting of objectives. - (marlowe) - (3)
                 Russia? Partial victory - (wharris2) - (2)
                     And this why I've long expected another Cold War... - (marlowe) - (1)
                         Reading the Bear and the Dragon (Tom Clancy) - (wharris2)

I don’t need to see anyone celebrate breaking a huddle…
57 ms