IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Political power
flows from something else, not a gun, but just as deadly. Actually more than one thing:

#1 Money (Got any campaign contributions? Buy/Rent a politician.)
#2 Power (Who they influence who they control)
#3 Greed (If they pass those laws, will the companies they have invested in be able to profit from them?)
#4 Sloth (Take their time, use anything to delay the law getting passed. Make it look like they are doing their job.)
#5 Lust (They spent the money on whores and booze, got caught and someone is blackmailing them to vote a certain way.)
#6 Pride (They let their pride get in the way of doing the right thing for the citizens they represent.)
#7 Envy (They envy the other states, or other group of people, so they try to get laws changed to affect those states or groups.)
#8 Hate (Goes with #7, but they hate due to their bigoted ways.)
#9 Issues (They know the issues, and usually side one way or the other. But they will waffle, if it means that they will get something from the above reasons.)
#10 Stupidity (Which is making decisions for reasons that no intelligent person can understand.)

Those are the top ten that I can think of off the top of my head.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New And, in the end, it all comes down to one thing.
The ability to force someone else to do what you want them to do.

All of your items are a step or two above that level. They are why specific laws get passed.

But to enforce those laws, particularly with people who may be opposed to those laws, you need force.

Think back to the WTO riots in Seattle. The cops decided which areas people were not to be allowed in and then they started marching through non-rioting areas.

Even more recently, Fat Tuesday in Seattle, I was down in Pioneer Square (party central), getting a tattoo worked on and the cops, on horseback, were moving people from one area to another. If you didn't want to move, you were arrested. If you talked back to the cop, you were arrested. A lot of people just gave up on the parties and went home.

Yet the people weren't breaking any laws.

And the cops were outfitted with gas masks.
     Flame fodder: guns and children - (admin) - (10)
         I don't see why... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
             "Freedom". How common. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 Well... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                     Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         Political power flows from the barrel of a gun. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                             Political power - (nking) - (1)
                                 And, in the end, it all comes down to one thing. - (Brandioch)
                             Sorry. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Wild wild wild west! - (nking)
                             exactly -NT - (boxley)

I don't think mammals are meant to eat reptiles.
37 ms