IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Two things
First, not the stuff I read, apparently. :-P

Second, I realize all of that. None of that fits the behavior for which I use books: something to read in the john, during lunch, while waiting at the doctor's office, etc. I don't need search capability when I'm reading Weis & Hickman. Nor do I need hundreds of books on vacation: a) I don't take vacations and b) I usually only get through one, regardless. Nor do I go to conferences.

I'm not arguing that it isn't useful to some people. For me, a casual fiction reader, it's not really all that, until I can get the books cheaper than (or at least at parity with) paper.

One final note on a personal habit... I keep three books around at any one time: one near the bed, one on the kitchen table, and one in my car/jacket/cargo pocket. I do this because I can never remember to carry a single book around to all of the places I read. A Kindle would be no easier for me to remember, either. :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New add one more
I have a serious reading problem, 5-7 books a week without a library I would be mugging people for reading money. Interestingly enough I dont have the ability to read on line, after 20 minutes my ees hurt and I quit
New You obviously haven't looked at a Kindle.
It looks like paper!
Alex
New well if you buy one and are in the neighborhood :-)
cant use what I dont understand, leaves me out of a lot of things :-)
     Anyone writing for Kindle? - (drook) - (14)
         Re: Anyone writing for Kindle? - (pwhysall) - (11)
             They sold out every batch within days... - (folkert) - (10)
                 And they're the wealthy early adopters - (drook) - (9)
                     Re: And they're the wealthy early adopters - (pwhysall) - (8)
                         With the Kindle, it's because of the network - (drook) - (7)
                             I think it's the future, but don't like being locked to AMZN - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                 They need to work on the pricing. - (malraux) - (5)
                                     Two things - (drook) - (4)
                                         Re: Two things - (malraux) - (3)
                                             add one more - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 You obviously haven't looked at a Kindle. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                     well if you buy one and are in the neighborhood :-) - (boxley)
         I'm just lately tempted... - (rcareaga) - (1)
             I'd say that you've parsed the issue quite well, - (Ashton)

ASHTO...
boot: knoppix

Booting AshtoKnoppix kernel:
Attitude fault in sarcasm module at h07734, f000
Beneficence module missing
Closing hyperbole stack
Irreverence matrix CRC-error.
WMD military overlay timeout: colonel panic
unmount hda-0
unmount hda-1
hump hda-3
mov ax, bs 0011