IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh for en_AU it would (should) have said 'barbie' :)
They said I was gullible ... and I believed them
New Re: Heh for en_AU it would (should) have said 'barbie' :)
Ahhh so much for being glib.

It highlighted it anyway as I didn't really change the locale... just made sure yewda get a chuckle out of it.
New Excellent! I share your country's decision to
find every example of that cloying Doll ... and make a huge pyre.
(Here.. we just have an annual ritual of Burning some Men, out in the desert.. but that also creates a lot of pollution and offensive smells.)

Burn Barbie, Burn!

[/Gilda Radner ... never mind]
[RIP]

New Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's unrelated.
The outdoor cooking appliance is called a "barbecue"*; which Aussies simply shortened over time to "barbie". The word even featured in a famous Tourism Australia TV ad some decades ago featuring one Paul Hogan. The name of the girls' fashion doll is merely a coincidence.

Wade.

* And I *know* you USians know that. :-)

"Ah -- I take it the doorbell doesn't work?"
New Why yes.. yes it is a coincidence {cough} ;^>
Thought the Gilda Radner mention was a decent clue, but then I don't know if SNL (Saturday Night LIve, back when it was Good) -- got that far South. Her shtik was to misassociate an 'event', deliver a rant in sorta-high dudgeon / get corrected / reply: "never mind.." Funnier than this description.

Fine comic; died young :-/
Expand Edited by Ashton March 1, 2009, 03:47:18 AM EST
     Safari 4 Public Beta - (Bman) - (14)
         So far so good-enough - (Meerkat) - (2)
             Does it allow multi-tabs as home pages? - (mvitale) - (1)
                 I guess Top Sites sorta-kinda does it ... ish... a bit... -NT - (Meerkat)
         Re: Safari 4 Public Beta - (Bman)
         Right. - (pwhysall) - (9)
             Hmmm, I have... - (folkert) - (6)
                 FF/IW has a spell-o-tron, but not a grammar-o-matic. - (pwhysall)
                 Heh for en_AU it would (should) have said 'barbie' :) -NT - (Meerkat) - (4)
                     Re: Heh for en_AU it would (should) have said 'barbie' :) - (folkert)
                     Excellent! I share your country's decision to - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's unrelated. - (static) - (1)
                             Why yes.. yes it is a coincidence {cough} ;^> - (Ashton)
             Or you could do what I do. - (static)
             tabs-on-top was a dealbreaker - (rcareaga)

I heartily endorse this event or product!
62 ms