IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ancient OSs still being used
http://blogs.compute..._3_1_and_amiga_os

I can't figure out why someone would use such old OSs to access the Internet, but obviously they do.
"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New I still have my Amiga 500
Fully operational. Unfortunately, the powersupply to my harddrive/68030 CPU extension is AWOL, so the computer iself is all that is operational for now :-(
New Dunno about accessing the Internet...
... but I still use my Ensoniq samplers. They boot from a disk and talk SCSI. The youngest one is about 15 years old. :-)

Also, I have Forgotten Realms novels that still advertise Commodore 64 games in the back. Computers age so fast.

Wade.

"Ah -- I take it the doorbell doesn't work?"
     Ancient OSs still being used - (lincoln) - (2)
         I still have my Amiga 500 - (scoenye)
         Dunno about accessing the Internet... - (static)

My teapot is blue and my kettle is chrome. Please advise.
87 ms