While Alex reports a recent security update which I haven't gotten to, believe there was a keyboard update for the aluminum kb. (Hmmm - wouldn't that be flashing some firmware?) -- day I got the iMac; used HSpeed at neighbor's, d/l'd FFox, TBird and a few, while at it.

Problem is with the earlier white 17" Mac kb, which I'm trying (liking better) on my later-build; kinda hard to imagine they customize keyboards/firmware? model-by-model. Maybe so. No joy at Apple support question-box, though they do mention the aluminum kb fix.

KB shown in link - has no numeric keypad; not like mine (both, that is -- old, new iMacs gots the numbers.)

Will put it on list ... the whole matter kinda puts a pall on trying the Logitech too, if Apple's kbs are so Picky; how could Logi get it Right? For all models. (Unless they have a patch for keycodes on YAN stinking 'install Cee Dee' == shades of Beastware driver-mania. (Yes I know they aren't really 'drivers' / and Thank Cthulhu there is No Registry!) But lots of config files -- where I imagine the above action takes place.

Poco á poco. After the Prettiness wears off, I suppose I'll find a few warts. But I expect them to be a better-Class of Wart.

Thanks for tip.