IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That is because capitalism fails and consumerism succeeds
The bottom 90% of the market are the ones that shop at Wal-Mart and other consumer stores that sell to the public. Why focus on the top 10%, when the real economy movers and shakers are at the bottom 90%?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Are we inventing words now?
Its all capitalism.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Nope, I am not inventing words, such an animal exists
[link|http://www.popcultures.com/articles/consumer.htm|Articles on Consumerism] or [link|http://www.westland.net/venice/art/cronk/consumer.htm|Article on consumerism] [link|http://dmoz.org/Society/Issues/Environment/Consumerism/|DMoz category on Consumerism] and [link|http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=consumerism|A dictionary defintion] what it means is focusing on the consumer and making sure that the companies play fair and are honest in advertising, packaging, product garantees, and safety, as well as making sure that the consumer has more money to consume more. It is really simple, just find a way to give the consumers more money to consume. Even my 3 year old son understands that.

You can plainly see that I did not invent that word, and that others have used it for quite a while. I hope that it wasn't an attempt on your part to attack me in some way by claiming I was making up words? Because if it was, it hurts me very deeply that you would do that.

New Ah yes.. let them consume more.______(But are they Happy\ufffd?)
New Does it matter?
Full mouths cannot complain.

Cheers,
Ben
New Sort of
True, can't talk with mouth full. But there are consequences to perpetually full mouths, we've noticed - literally or metaphorically. Eat to live / live to eat?

A.
New Well...
What goes in, comes out again.

But if you don't mind the mess (and smell), perpetual gorging makes herding easier. (See the Gatto essays in the other thread.)

Cheers,
Ben
New Shiney happy people
Ah, you see, that is the thing. They are brainwashed by the media and advertising and marketing that if they keep buying these products they will be as happy as the people on the ads are. Nice shiney happy people with brite smiles and slender bodies. The type of people the average consumer wants to be or wants to meet. Hey if that woman talking about XYZ likes it, maybe I can buy XYZ and get women like her to like me? Or for the women, maybe if they bought XYZ, the guys will like her like the woman on the ad?

Anyway we have been programmed to consume and buy things we don't really need. But if the consumer was given more money back on tax rebates than the rich, the consumers would just spend it all over again and get bigger and better stuff or just more of the same stuff. The rich would just mostly horde it, or use it to move their companies to another country or use it to automate their US factories to get rid of more workers. Nothing says "Best Worker" than some robot working an assembly line. No breaks, no lunch, no pension, and no sick days! Plus no union to mess with and no benefits to pay!

Wal-Mart drove our high tech boom, not Silicon Valley - (bconnors) - (10)
         He actually reaches another conclusion - (wharris2) - (1)
             Yeah, I know; I screwed up the title - (bconnors)
         That is because capitalism fails and consumerism succeeds - (nking) - (7)
             Are we inventing words now? - (bepatient) - (6)
                 Nope, I am not inventing words, such an animal exists - (nking) - (5)
                     Ah yes.. let them consume more.______(But are they Happy\ufffd?) -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Does it matter? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             Sort of - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Well... - (ben_tilly)
                         Shiney happy people - (nking)

Time for a tasty, tangy treat!
50 ms