1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New See if last post helps you here:
http://forums.macrum...read.php?t=251123

Alex
New Zounds!
New Wow !!________________just ... ... WOW!!
Thanks - it's a start. While it's not bafflegab, it sure sounds like a Beastware recipe to get your ASR-33 going.

Just perhaps the encryption ritual (re. new std) has improved somewhat since 11/06.
But there's damn little there that intuition might guess, so I'd need to get Canon to e-mail an equivalent cookbook (as, presumably, was read off a script -- developed after many bewildered calls.)

Then too, I'd like Not to go with Canon's CD-full of whatever extra stuff. If it can possibly be skipped.
(Maybe their techs do not want to follow that route; guess I'll find out.) The folded 2-pp Mac Wireless Setup speaks only of an 'AP'; does not even consider you might want Just The Printer to connect.

Hah.. Google mind-box type-in:
Canon Pixma MP620 setup from iMac Airport direct to printer, got:
http://discussions.a...?threadID=1750354
(-- got 3900 hits.)

An exact answer appears: no 'ad hoc' mode supported by Canon

Re: Printer Canon Pixma MP620, Wifi problem
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 12:18 PM in response to: woodenlore

The guy in the Apple store was wrong. You cannot connect the printer directly to the Mac via wireless (Airport). This is called ad-hoc mode. The printer only supports infrastructure mode, where a base station provides the wireless service. So you will need some sort of wireless router, such as an Airport Express, between the Mac and the MP620.

PaHu

And ... PAHU is from Oz!!

(Jeez.. who cares? if someone mistakenly sends you some pron over the aether and you waste a couple hundred pages before you're Sure you want to interrupt the job?) But then, even I know that 64-bit encryption of anything is pretty dumb in '09, if that is correct limit on er, "ad-hoc mode" (??)
Sounds as if, in '06 Canon did provide for wide-open (maybe so coffee house denizens could print while sipping?)

So I wait for the whole-hog-install; meanwhile it's just a wired-USB printer.
Still, a lot of gadgetry for ~$3/#

New Good grief. I suddenly wish Apple still made printers...
They said I was gullible ... and I believed them
     Query on iMac <--> printer communication - (Ashton) - (8)
         Apple's 'Airport Express' might do the trick - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Well, you'd believe that - (Ashton)
         See if last post helps you here: - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Zounds! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Wow !!________________just ... ... WOW!! - (Ashton)
             Good grief. I suddenly wish Apple still made printers... -NT - (Meerkat)
         Ashton did you read this - (Bman) - (1)
             Thanks. Checking it out. -NT - (Ashton)

We do, after all, survive every moment... except the last.
73 ms