in my lexicon too. No unnecessary phrases - just enough to make sure (your own) clarity isn't lost in someone else's vivid 'imagination'.

As to Clinton - Brandioch's summary below is equally close enough (no, not to The Truth [!!], but to the best er 'scale and relativity' I can bring to the obvious political motives behind every aspect of that Circus): IMnsHO it had NOTHING to do with [Honest ?] indignation over say, "personal behavior towards others" - not on the part of those who conceived and organized this travesty of any idea of 'justice'. Hypocrisy is always cynical - maybe sanctimony is its most virulent form. I admit irrationality about sanctimony; I despise it, and.. it's so common, especially in Murican politics and sociology. We LOVE being holier than thou!

Thus for me it was: which is the Larger offense? Clinton's adolescent sexual development, his fucking stupidity! in risking everything to accept the horny offerings of a post-teen? OR the overt hypocrisy / clearly malevolent, diseased 'rationale' of the political opponents: who could not beat Clinton in THEIR milieu of elections? In such cases I tend to focus upon the sanctimonious even before the axe-murderer. They are less-honest than the merely deranged murderer.

My judgment is neither 'wrong nor right' - just mine. Ditto yours, though 'disappointed' is a word I usually eschew, esp. re politics. I expect little, and that's what, usually - We get.

HTH

Ashton

(Who will not extrapolate your attitude re the ~knowability of Reality (?) to the point of - calling our 'daily reality' awfully like.. the maya? ;-) Well, not here anyway..