IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New thanks all
I checked around for what others are charging in this area and the independent shops with a flat rate go from $75 - $150 for antivirus/spyware cleanup while the hourly rate guys range from $60 to $100 an hour. I don't think I need to undercut anybody so I'm thinking $100 flat rate for a clean-up job and $60/hr for other types of work.

An extra thanks to Andrew for the list of software needed.
New Let me add one more very essential item.
The System Rescue Linux Boot CD (I have version 1.04 and it works fine).

This is needed to break the Administrator password on NT, 2000, XP and Vista. Often there isn't one, but if there is the client never knows what it is.

This disk is also essential for going into the filesystem and removing files Windows can't remove (which now includes some Adobe Reader files), renaming the Windows directory to get it out of the way and other similar uses.

I also find ZTree very useful at times (it's not free). ZTree development began when XTree was bought and abandoned, first on OS/2 and then on Windows.
     Essential toolkit? - (Silverlock) - (14)
         Dont be too cheap - (boxley)
         Don't be cheap. - (folkert) - (6)
             Amen to that! - (a6l6e6x)
             Linux distro - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 Ubuntu or Fedora Core - (folkert)
                 Lots of good choices these days. - (Another Scott)
                 spend about $40 for RHCE study guide or cheaper used - (boxley)
                 Second the Ubuntu call... - (static)
         Some more suggestions. - (Another Scott)
         You need these things on a CD - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             What do you recommend for protection? - (malraux) - (1)
                 Well, so far my clients have been doing fine . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         thanks all - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Let me add one more very essential item. - (Andrew Grygus)

If I have enough time to pro-actively squirt saltwater up my nose, I'd rather use that time to floss.
97 ms