IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And you would improve on RIMM's business plan how? :)
Alex
New Didn't suggest it was a bad business plan ... for *them*
But I think they're a perfect example of what it would be like if Microsoft controlled the hardware. (Like they tried to do with Palladium.)

Yes, Apple is in essentially this position, controlling the hardware and software. And yes, there are people who say they are as evil as Microsoft. But the difference IMO is that they generally sell directly to end users. Which means when they decide what you can do with your stuff, it's based on what they think you want to do with your stuff. Or at least what you should want to do, if you've got any taste and style.

So much of Windows is driven by what corporate buyers and corporate IT shops want, or what the MPAA and RIAA want, that actual user preference is secondary at best.
--

Drew
     The UI of "smart phones"? - (static) - (18)
         I'm trying to wait before getting a modern smart phone. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Have a look at all the Symbian phones. - (static) - (1)
                 Thanks. - (Another Scott)
             Wrong concern, IMO - (drook) - (4)
                 Good points. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 And you would improve on RIMM's business plan how? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Didn't suggest it was a bad business plan ... for *them* - (drook)
                 Again, its the idea that: - (folkert)
         Re: The UI of "smart phones"? - (altmann) - (3)
             IE. - (static)
             Let alone it crashing and losing its mind all the time... - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Y'know, my first experience with Windows Mobile was good. - (static)
         Speaking of UIQ... - (folkert) - (2)
             It's another win for the Beast. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Yah. - (static)
         also hang around here - (boxley)
         Maybe I'll end up being very glad I waited. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I heard a clip on CNBC with Palm's CEO. - (a6l6e6x)

Given enough shellac, even turds can be polished.
47 ms